Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2012
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Blu-ray special features:
- Maximum movie mode
- Blowing up Hogwarts - an up-close look through the eyes of the stars and filmmakers as you watch the greatest battle unfold on screen - including 9 in-depth featurettes
- A conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe - join J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe for an intimate and exclusive conversation about bringing the character of Harry Potter to life, and how their lives have been changed by the fame that they've both experienced
- Other special features: the goblins of gringotts, the women of Harry Potter, additional scenes, Warner Bros. studio tour London, Pottermore preview
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rupert Grint &
Helena Bonham Carter,
Bonnie Wright &
David Heyman &
Director of Photography:
Executive Production by
David Heyman &
Box Office - 07/12/2011
5 stars out of 5 -- "PART II gets everything right to send Harry off on a cinematic high....The film's real feat is that it manages to stand on its own against the sky-high expectations of its fan base..."
Wall Street Journal - 07/15/2011
"[P]art 2 of THE DEATHLY HALLOWS is the best possible end for the series....It's a dark and thunderous pageant that sets its bespectacled hero in the midst of vast forces, yet never loses track of who he is..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/13/2011
"Almost magically, it ends up being one of the best of the series....It is Alan Rickman as the elusive Severus Snape who, as always, makes the most lasting impression."
New York Times -
"Childhood ends with tears and howls, swirls of smoke, the shock of mortality and bittersweet smiles in HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 2, the grave, deeply satisfying final movie in the series."
USA Today - 07/15/2011
"[T]he ideal culmination of a fantasy series that has artfully blended excitement, adventure and terror with humor, kinship and love."
Chicago Sun-Times - 07/13/2011
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "The finale conjures up enough awe and solemnity to serve as an appropriate finale and a dramatic contrast to the lighthearted innocence of HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE all those magical years ago."
Hollywood Reporter - 07/06/2011
"[A] massively eventful finale that will grip and greatly please anyone who has been at all a fan of the series up to now....Technically, nothing has been held back."
Movieline - 07/14/2011
"[The filmmakers] guide the story to a graceful and satisfying end. The movie's final moments are the equivalent of the half-jubilant, half-mournful thrill you get when you close the cover of a book you've savored."
Rolling Stone - 08/04/2011
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "Yates marshals his technical team to produce visual marvels. Props to the thrilling dragon ride out of the caves beneath the Gringotts wizard bank."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/22/2011
"[T]he saga culminates in a finale as satisfying and emotionally intense -- frightening, sad, and ultimately comforting -- as it is visually grand." -- Grade: A-
Total Film - 09/01/2011
4 stars out of 5 -- "[S]hot with an extraordinary eye for detail....A pacey, exhilarating and emotionally satisfying final chapter..."
The cinematic series based on J.K. Rowling's bestsellers comes to a conclusion with the second part of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS. The lives of Harry and his magic-making friends are on the line in this action-packed fantasy finale. David Yates, who directed the fifth, sixth, and seventh films in the series, returns for this last outing.
Based On A Novel |
Family (General) |
Good Vs. Evil |
Teenage Fantasy Adventure |
Theatrical Release |
Witches And Wizards