Pitbull Money Is Still a Major Issue [Clean]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.84 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: TVT
Entertainment Weekly - p.164"Pitbull blends raunch with wit with Spanish on this latest crunk assault from rap's Dirty South." - Grade: B+
- 1.Everybody Get Up - (featuring Pretty Ricky)
- 2.Rah Rah - (Patois, Spanish, featuring Elephant Man / Daddy Yankee)
- 3.Shake - (Patois, Spanish, remix, featuring Ying Yang / Elephant Man)
- 4.Culo - (remix, featuring Lil Jon / Ivy Queen)
- 5.Mil Amores - (Spanish, featuring Master Joe / O.G. Black)
- 6.Turnin Me On - (Spanish, remix)
- 7.She's Hotter - (Patois)
- 8.Get to Poppin - (Spanish, remix, featuring Rich Boy)
- 9.Might Be the Police
- 10.Who U Rollin' With - (featuring Picallo / Cubo)
- 11.Dammit Man - (remix)
- 12.Oh No We Didn't
- 13.Toma - (DJ Buddha remix, featuring Mr. Vegas / Wayne Marshall / Red Rat / T.O.K./Kardinal Offishall)
Personnel: Pitbull (rap vocals); Fat Joe, Lil Jon , Mr. Vegas, Oobie, Piccalo, Trick Daddy, Cubo, Bun B (rap vocals).
Miami rapper Pitbull asserts that while crunk is most associated with the Atlanta, Georgia sound, the origin of the music is a few hundred miles south in Florida. He contends that crunk is merely the bass music of his hometown slowed down. Pitbull backs up his claim with his stirring (and aptly named) debut, M.I.A.M.I.
After growing up on a mix of traditional Cuban music and hardcore West Coast rap, Pitbull allows both sounds to influence his particular brand of crunk. Sprinkles of Miami's past also abound on the frenetic album, from the flared-out bass of "Get on the Floor" to "She's Freaky," which recalls the best of 2 Live Crew. The reigning King of Crunk, Lil Jon, supports on three tracks, including the Cuban drum-flecked, bilingual "Culo." That cut is reprised with a minimalist beat on the Miami remix, which is markedly more about the drum than the bass. The most prominent aspect of M.I.A.M.I., though, is its variety; Pitbull has embraced all sorts of sounds and styles, and the melange created makes for a singular experience, instead of just another crunk record.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE