Miles Davis Bopping the Blues
- Released: November 19, 2012
- Label: Org Music
- 1.Don't Sing Me The Blues [Take 1]
- 2.Don't Sing Me The Blues [Take 2]
- 3.I've Always Got The Blues [Take 1]
- 4.I've Always Got The Blues [Take 2]
- 5.I've Always Got The Blues [Take 3]
- 6.Don't Explain To Me Baby [Take 1]
- 7.Don't Explain To Me Baby [Take 2]
- 8.Don't Explain To Me Baby [Take 3]
- 9.Don't Explain To Me Baby [Take 4]
- 10.Baby, Won't You Make Up Your Mind [Take 1]
- 11.Baby, Won't You Make Up Your Mind [Take 2]
- 12.Baby, Won't You Make Up Your Mind [Take 3]
Personnel: Miles Davis (trumpet); Earl Coleman, Ann Baker (vocals); Connie Wainwright (guitar); Gene Ammons (tenor saxophone); Linton Garner (piano); Art Blakey (drums).
Liner Note Author: Alun Morgan.
Recording information: Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (10/18/1946).
When this CD was initially released, it had quite a few jazz collectors scratching their heads wondering why they had never heard of it. Previously unissued, these formerly unknown performances (just four songs with eight alternate takes) feature the vocals of Earl Coleman and Ann Baker in 1946 but the backup group is of great interest for it includes trumpeter Miles Davis and tenor-saxophonist Gene Ammons. It's not essential music but bop collectors will still want to pick it up. ~ Scott Yanow
The Best of Miles Davis & John Coltrane: 1955-1961 (CD)(17)
$6.02 Super Savings
St. Louis Blues: Traditional Dixieland Classics (CD)
$15.39 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE