The Best of Chess Records: Original Versions of Songs in the Film "Cadillac Records"
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$3.85 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.13 (68% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Chess
Rolling Stone - p.665 stars out of 5 -- "[With] the still-shocking power of Waters' and James' singing, and the poetry of Berry's road songs..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Chuck BerryNo Particular Place to Go
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Etta JamesAt Last
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Little WalterMy Babe
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Muddy Waters(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Etta JamesI'd Rather Go Blind
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Bo DiddleyI'm a Man
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Howlin' WolfSmokestack Lightnin'
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Muddy WatersForty Days and Forty Nights
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Muddy WatersJuke
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Etta JamesAll I Could Do is Cry
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Chuck BerryMaybellene
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Muddy WatersI Can't Be Satisfied
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Little WalterLast Night
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Chuck BerryNadine
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Etta JamesTrust in Me
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Chuck BerryPromised Land
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley (vocals, guitar); Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter (vocals, harmonica); Etta James (vocals); Albert Jr. Lowe, Hubert Sumlin, Jimmy Rogers , Jody Williams, Leonard Caston, Pat Hare, Robert Lockwood, Jr. (guitar); Floyd Newman, Aaron Varnell, Charles Chalmers (saxophone); Dewey Oldham (piano, organ); Paul Williams & His Hucklebuckers , Hosea Lee Kennard, Johnnie Johnson, Lafayette Leake, Otis Spann (piano); Carl Banks (organ); David Hood (electric bass); Clifton James, Roger Dawkins, Earl Phillips, Francis Clay, Fred Below, Elgin Evans, Odie Payne, Jr. (drums); Jerome Green (maracas).
Audio Remasterer: Erick Labson.
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Recording information: Chicago, IL (04/??/1948-08/23/1967); Muscle Shoals, AL (04/??/1948-08/23/1967).
Photographer: Chuck Stewart.
If you loved the songs you heard in the film CADILLAC RECORDS, based on the seminal Chicago blues label Chess, just wait until you hear the original versions, performed by the artists who put Chess on the map. The bedrock of Chicago blues is here with Muddy Waters's "I Can't Be Satisfied" and Little Walter's "Juke," but early rock & roll is represented too, by Chuck Berry's "Nadine" and "Promised Land." Come to think of it, this is a top-shelf Chess sampler even if you've never seen the aforementioned film.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE