A naive college professor (Buster Keaton) mistakenly believes he has inherited a fortune in this madcap classic.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- From the story by Clarence Budington Kelland
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 22 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 22, 2004
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Buster Keaton, Jimmy Durante & Sidney Toler|
|Performer:||Ruth Selwyn, Hedda Hopper, William Pawley, Thelma Todd, Lawrence Grant, Sidney Toler & Jimmy Durante|
|Directed by||Edward Sedgewick & Edward Sedgwick|
|Screenwriting by||Ralph Spence|
|Cinematography by||Harold Wenstrom|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Buster Keaton stars as Professor Post, a shy, clumsy scatterbrain who sees his chance for a new life when he inherits $750,000. In search of adventure and companionship, he meets "The Midnight Maids" theater company on an outbound train. Enamored with the troupe's lead dancer and duped by the shady piano player (Jimmy Durante), the Professor uses his inheritance to become the benefactor of the show. Convinced of their talent, he leads them to Broadway, where he is certain their "classic drama" will catapult them into stardom. When the production hits the stage and Professor Post discovers he's financed a girlie show, he'll do anything to halt the objectionable material - even if it means becoming the star himself!
The best of Buster Keaton's sound era features, Speak Easily contrasts his befuddled, innocent character with the fast-talking antics of Jimmy Durante. Sydney Toler (the future Charlie Chan) makes an appearance as a bewildered stage manager.
When a prim and proper college professor inherits a fortune, he finds himself in charge of a theatrical troupe. The comedy begins when he has to deal with conniving blondes, harried directors and a clumsy chorus line.
Thinking that he has inherited a great deal of money, a college professor decides to produce a show on Broadway.
- Released in the USA August 13, 1932.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 33,915
- UPC: 089218443397
- Shipping Weight: 0.28/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE