Camper Van Beethoven Key Lime Pie
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 11, 2014
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Omnivore
Q4 Stars - Excellent
- 1.Opening Theme
- 2.Jack Ruby
- 4.When I Win the Lottery
- 5.(I Was Born in A) Laundromat
- 7.The Light from a Cake
- 9.All Her Favorite Fruit
- 12.The Humid Press of Days
- 13.Pictures of Matchstick Men
- 14.Come on Darkness
- 15.Closing Theme [aka Guitar Hero]
- 16.(I Was Born in A) Laundromat
- 17.Country 2
- 18.Good Guys & Bad Guys - (live)
- 20.Take the Skinheads Bowling - (live)
- 21.Before I Met You - (live)
- 22.Aguardiente [Soho Natural Sesson], L'
- 23.(I Don't Want to Go to The) Lincoln Shrine [Soho Natural Session]
Camper Van Beethoven: David Lowery (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Greg Lisher (vocals, guitar); Morgan Fichter (vocals, violin); Victor Krummenacher (vocals, bass); Chris Pederson (vocals, drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Garth Hudson (vocals, pump organ); Tim "SteelBone" Cook (pedal steel); Don V. Lax (fiddle, strings); Hammer Smith (harmonica); Davey Faragher, Danny Faragher, Mary O'Neil, Wally Sound (background vocals).
Personnel: David Lowery (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Greg Lisher (vocals, guitar); Morgan Fichter (vocals, violin); Chris Pedersen (vocals, drums, percussion); Victor Krummenacher (vocals); Don Lax (fiddle, strings); Hammer Smith (harmonica); Garth Hudson (pump organ); Davey Faragher, Danny Faragher, Mary O'Neil, Wally Sound (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Csaba Petocz; Vince Zermeno; Shawna Stobie; Mark Hermann.
Liner Note Author: Jill Stauffer.
Recording information: Capitol Recording Studios (02/1989-07/1989); Dustbowl (02/1989-07/1989); New York, NY (02/1989-07/1989); Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA (02/1989-07/1989); Capitol Recording Studios (10/10/1989); Dustbowl (10/10/1989); New York, NY (10/10/1989); Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA (10/10/1989); Capitol Recording Studios (1990); Dustbowl (1990); New York, NY (1990); Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City, CA (1990).
Photographer: Andre Lansel.
The darkness touched on in OUR BELOVED REVOLUTIONARY SWEETHEART is embraced fully on this, Camper Van Beethoven's final album. The instrumental "Opening Theme" introduces new member violinist Morgan Fichter (who replaced departing multi-instrumentalist Jonathan Segel). This is followed by "Jack Ruby," as haunting a song as you've ever heard graced with lovely "oohs" and "aahs." As is his wont, David Lowery sings the song's half-glimpsed but ever-riveting imagery like an angered next-door neighbor.
"When I Win The Lottery" sums up their attitude of dark hopefulness. The band's cover of the old Status Quo hit, "Pictures Of Matchstick Men," afforded them some airplay, but alas, they disbanded the following year. Lowery reemerged thereafter with the slightly more mainstream Cracker, while some of the others headed further off the road with the Monks of Doom. Camper Van Beethoven maintained very high standards throughout their half a decade of life, and they went out in fine style.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Doo Wop, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE