- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 4, 2012
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Magnolia
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Director commentary
- Story of claymation
- Behind the scenes
- Ths music of Mark Twain - selected music tracks
- Crew interviews
- Still gallery
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The story of Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, and Becky Thatcher as they set sail in a riverboat balloon for a close encounter with Halley's comet. Will Vinton, the Oscar-winning director is the master behind this presentation. James Whitmore lends his voice as Mark Twain. Includes excerpts from life on the Mississippi and "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County."
Mark Twain plans to visit Halley's Comet in a strange time-travelling flying machine. Some characters from his famous novels, including Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher, have stowed away on board, thinking he will burn up if he visits a comet. They realize that he wants to visit his dead wife and he convinces them that they will all be safe.
- Animation on the film was done in claymation which involved two tons of plasticine. The artists created over 130,000 postures for Twain and the other characters.