THX 1138 (Special Edition Director's Cut, 2-DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.85 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.44 (27% Off)|
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Director's Cut
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - French
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: George Lucas - Director, Walter Murch - Sound Editor
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- A LEGACY OF FILMMAKERS: THE EARLY YEARS OF AMERICAN ZOETROPE
- ARTIFACT FROM THE FUTURE: MAKING OF BALD
- ELECTRIC LABYRINTH: THX 1138 4EB
- Scene Access
- Easter Eggs
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Donald Pleasence, Robert Duvall, Don Pedro Colley & Maggie McOmie|
|Performer:||Ian Wolfe, Marshall Efron, Sid Haig & Irene Forrest|
|Directed by||George Lucas|
|Edited by||George Lucas|
|Screenwriting by||George Lucas & Walter Murch|
|Composition by||Lalo Schifrin|
|Cinematography by||David Myers|
|Art Direction by||Michael Haller|
|Produced by||Lawrence Sturhahn|
|Executive Production by||Francis Ford Coppola|
"A sci-fi classic..."
"[A] good film..."
"[A] science-fiction parable set in the 25th century and displaying remarkable visual mastery."
"[I]t's visually breathtaking."
"[T]he film exhibits a sci-fi sensibility rooted in Orwell, Kubrick and Kafka..."
4 stars out of 5 -- "Lucas' biggest set is a bare, bleached-out void, while his primary resource is sound, Walter Murch's dense multi-tracks engulfing us in an oppressive drone of voice and noise."
Combining complex editing and sound techniques with brilliantly subtle performances, THX 1138 is Lucas's less widely regarded vision of life in outer space, though it stands firmly as an awe-inspiring sci-fi spectacle. The film is also eerily prophetic, depicting a world in which television screens are bombarded with sensationalistic news, sexually explicit films, and vapid comedy shows.
- Theatrical release: March 11, 1971
- The film was shot on location in Northern California.
- A special director's cut edition of THX 1138 was released in 2004 after screening at several of America's most prominent film festivals (including the Telluride and Los Angeles Film Festivals).
- Lucas made the quirky decision to have the film's opening credits scroll down instead of up.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 145 ratings.
For george lucas's first time directed a feature
film I have to say wow!,what a wild ride,but, I so
glad that real life is'nt like the way it is in
Mr. Lucas's film,but it was a good movie and I saw it three times and I hope that lucas will plan
a number two or a remake.
- Sales Rank: 32,259
- UPC: 085391116226
- Shipping Weight: 0.40/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items