|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Charade (Blu-ray) ~ $16.09
- High School Big Shot / High School Caesar / Date Bait - Triple Feature ~ $7.71
- Swamp Women - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Two Dollar Bettor ~ $5.95
- Wild Women of Wongo ~ $5.95
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Beverly Garland & Marie Windsor|
|Directed by||Roger Corman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Swamp Women is an early low budget effort from director Roger Corman and filmed (like most of his B-pictures) in a matter of days. Featuring the feisty and exciting presence of scream queen Beverly Garland and production by Bernard Woolner (Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman), Swamp Women is a bad-girl flick filled with gals in cut-off shorts, cat fights, menacing gators and lots of snappy dialogue amid genuine Louisiana bayou locations. Mike "Touch" Connors later went on to star in the TV series "Mannix." Marie Windsor's long career spanned the gamut of acting roles from The Fighting Kentuckian with John Wayne and Stanley Kubrick's The Killing to the cult classic Cat Women of the Moon.
- Immediately after filming SWAMP DIAMONDS, actress Marie Windsor went to work on Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Marie Windsor & Beverly Garland lead the cast in this surprisingly entertaining little film. It starts off a bit slowly, but once it gets it's footing, it runs fast & furiously through it's paces, and - in spite of the tacky title - really manages to deliver! Mike Connors is somewhat wasted, but the ladies are in top form, especially Marie Windsor, who adds yet another memorable character to her long list of credits.
Police woman goes undercover in a women’s prison to learn the whereabouts of stolen diamonds. The pre-planned escape works and she and three other girls trek through the treacherous Louisiana bayou seeking a fortune that costs one of them their lives. Although shot in Pathe color (which has a tendency to fade and turn pink over time), the print used for this DVD held up remarkably well. It is a tiny bit grainy and a bit washed out in spots, but good color still remains. The movie starts off a bit slow but after five minutes it becomes fast-moving. Beverly Garland is a tough-as-nails escapee and involved in two cat fights. If you are a Beverly Garland fan, you’ll not only want this film, but “Gunslinger” (where she is a good girl battling the evil Allison Hayes). In both cases, the film quality is far superior to the horrendous VHS copies released years ago. Look for Ed Nelson in a small role as a cop at the beginning; Touch Connors became TV’s “Mannix” (under the name Mike Connors).
- Sales Rank: 11,721
- UPC: 089218441096
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE