|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Beverly Garland & Marie Windsor|
|Directed by||Roger Corman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Swamp Women is an early low budget effort from director Roger Corman and filmed (like most of his B-pictures) in a matter of days. Featuring the feisty and exciting presence of scream queen Beverly Garland and production by Bernard Woolner (Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman), Swamp Women is a bad-girl flick filled with gals in cut-off shorts, cat fights, menacing gators and lots of snappy dialogue amid genuine Louisiana bayou locations. Mike "Touch" Connors later went on to star in the TV series "Mannix." Marie Windsor's long career spanned the gamut of acting roles from The Fighting Kentuckian with John Wayne and Stanley Kubrick's The Killing to the cult classic Cat Women of the Moon.
- Immediately after filming SWAMP DIAMONDS, actress Marie Windsor went to work on Stanley Kubrick's THE KILLING.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Marie Windsor & Beverly Garland lead the cast in this surprisingly entertaining little film. It starts off a bit slowly, but once it gets it's footing, it runs fast & furiously through it's paces, and - in spite of the tacky title - really manages to deliver! Mike Connors is somewhat wasted, but the ladies are in top form, especially Marie Windsor, who adds yet another memorable character to her long list of credits.
Police woman goes undercover in a women’s prison to learn the whereabouts of stolen diamonds. The pre-planned escape works and she and three other girls trek through the treacherous Louisiana bayou seeking a fortune that costs one of them their lives. Although shot in Pathe color (which has a tendency to fade and turn pink over time), the print used for this DVD held up remarkably well. It is a tiny bit grainy and a bit washed out in spots, but good color still remains. The movie starts off a bit slow but after five minutes it becomes fast-moving. Beverly Garland is a tough-as-nails escapee and involved in two cat fights. If you are a Beverly Garland fan, you’ll not only want this film, but “Gunslinger” (where she is a good girl battling the evil Allison Hayes). In both cases, the film quality is far superior to the horrendous VHS copies released years ago. Look for Ed Nelson in a small role as a cop at the beginning; Touch Connors became TV’s “Mannix” (under the name Mike Connors).
- Sales Rank: 9,396
- UPC: 089218441096
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Horror / Suspense Movie Categories:
- 13: Game of Death (Unrated) (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
1408 (DVD) ~
$4.21 Super Savings
1408 (Blu-ray) ~
$16.75 Super Savings
2001 Maniacs (Widescreen) (DVD) ~
$7.83 Super Savings
28 Days Later (DVD) ~
$5.21 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE