Love From A Stranger
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: May 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 1937
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Ann Harding & Basil Rathbone|
|Directed by||Rowland V. Lee|
|Screenplay by||Francis Marion|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Based on a play by Frank Vosper and a short story by Agatha Christie, Love From A Stranger is a fast-paced, nail-biting suspense drama made in England under the taut direction of Rowland V. Lee. Basil Rathbone, best known for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in the years that followed, gives one of his most dynamic and memorable performances, deftly capturing his character's transition from debonair gentleman to demonic maniac. Rathbone and Lee would reunite two years later for Universal Pictures' classic thrillers, Son Of Frankenstein and Tower Of London.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 38 ratings.
Basil Rathbone plays a terrific psychopath. The music ia by Benjamin Britten; his only feature film score.
Forget his well-known Sherlock Holmes character in this one and get ready for a nail-biting, hitchcock-tense ending to this flicker. WOW...what a great piece of acting on Rathbone's part...wouldn't have expected it. His female lead isn't too bad either...very convincing in the ending. You won't fall asleep watching this movie. Turn out the lights, get the popcorn and....Enjoy!
I had never heard of, let alone seen, this film before i bought it. Although the print is scratchy the sound is good which is often the better proposition. This is an extremely enjoyable film with an excelently deranged performance from Rathbone as the husband. Ann Harding is also good as the wife, especially during the final sequence. Highly recommended for lovers of good old fashioned thrilling melodramas.
Excellent adaptation of the famous stage play about a young woman who wins millions in a lottery and then slowly begins to realize that her new husband is planning to murder her. Good British production. Fine performances. Remains faithful to original source.
- Sales Rank: 15,566
- UPC: 089218440396
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE