Cledus T. Judd Parodyziac!!
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$12.58 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 13, 2012
- Label: Warner Bros / WEA
- 1.Cledus T.
- 2.Double D Cups
- 3.Feel Like a Pawn Star - (featuring Rodney Carrington)
- 4.A Little More Hungry Than That
- 7.Redneck Pool
- 9.Living Single In a Double Wide
- 10.The House That Broke Me
- 11.If This is Country Music
- 12.104 Amanda Street
Audio Mixer: Nick Brophy.
Recording information: Beaird Music Group, Nashville, TN; Franklin, TN.
Photographer: Gregg Roth.
Having spent the last decade bouncing from label to label, country comedian Cledus T. Judd was just about to chuck it. Looking like a post-Celebrity Fit Club stud muffin on the cover of his 2007 release Boogity Boogity was a good sign that Cledus wasn't feeling his inner clown like he used to, but he's grimacing like a pro on the cover of Parodyziac!!, a welcome return to form and literal return to the majors, seeing as how it landed on Warner Bros. With everything in place, the album ups the ante by kicking off with the biographical ("When Toby came out with 'I Love This Bar,' the next day I wrote 'I Love Nascar'/Sold a half-a-million at Wal-Mart") "Cledus T," a smart and silly redo of Eric Church's "Springsteen." As the title points out, Parodyziac!! is an album of mostly parodies with Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup" getting pumped up to "Double D Cups" while Miranda Lambert's "The House That Built Me" visits both the hardware store and the bank, and winds up bankrupt in "The House That Broke Me." Eric Church gets it again when his swampy "Creepin'" becomes "Tweetin'" ("I follow Kiss and Courtney Love, but they don't follow Cledus T. Judd"), then there's Little Big Town's "Pontoon," which turns into the romantic travesty "Honeymoon" ("Three night stay and free buffet at the Red Roof"). The great non-parody number is the redneck mansion anthem "Living Single in a Double Wide" ("Got a cooler full of beer singing 'Ring of Fire'/Have to sink pretty far to get much higher"), and those who enjoy Cledus when he plays it serious get the warm closer "104 Amanda Street," a song where you can always go home again. Add it all up and Parodyziac!! is Cledus' funniest album in a decade. ~ David Jeffries
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Arty Hill Montgomery On My Mind (CD) ~ $17.54 CYBER WEEK
- Blackberry Smoke Like an Arrow (CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
- Blue Rodeo 1000 Arms (CD) ~ $13.49 CYBER WEEK
- Jimmy Buffett Christmas Island (CD) ~ $4.77 CYBER WEEK
- J.J. Cale Roll On (CD) ~ $15.71 CYBER WEEK
Country: Contemporary Music Categories:
- Trace Adkins 10 Great Songs (CD) ~ $7.30 CYBER WEEK
- Trace Adkins 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $3.99 CYBER WEEK
- Trace Adkins American Man: Greatest Hits, Volume II (CD) ~ $10.33 CYBER WEEK
- Trace Adkins Chrome (CD) ~ $6.89 CYBER WEEK
- Trace Adkins Comin' on Strong (CD) ~ $12.14 CYBER WEEK