Beres Hammond Music Is Life
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 23, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: VP Records
- 1.Ain't It Good to Know
- 2.They Gonna Talk
- 3.Wanna Cry
- 4.Dusty Road
- 5.Rock Away
- 6.I Love Jah
- 7.Dance 4 Me - (featuring Wyclef Jean)
- 8.Angel Eyes
- 9.Mary Mary
- 10.Don't Play With My Heart
- 11.Gonna Shine Again
- 12.Music Is Life
- 13.Would You Baby
- 14.Honey Wine & Love Songs
- 15.Rise & Shine
- 16.African People - (featuring Pam Hall / Bo Pee)
- 17.Give Me a Friend
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Beres Hammond (vocals); Winston "Bopee" Bowen (vocals, guitar); Wyclef Jean (vocals, bass); Fernando Rosario, Robert Angus, Earl "Chinna" Smith (guitar); Howard Messam (saxophone); Dean Fraser, Nambo Robinson, Dave Madden (horns); Donald "Danny Bassie" Dennis (keyboards, bass, drums); Robbie Lyn (keyboards, bass); Lloyd "Obeah" Denton, Christopher Birch, Dwight Dawes, Paul Crosdale (keyboards); Flabba Holt (bass, percussion); Robbie Shakespeare, Michael Fletcher (bass); Style Scott, George Fire House, Sly Dunbar (drums); Nicola Tucker, Dorett Wisdom (background vocals); Roots Radics Band.
Producers: Beres Hammond, Philip "Fattis" Burrell, Colin "Bulby" York, Karl Toppin.
Engineers include: Anthony Selassie, Dwight Dias, Robert "Smurf" Murphy.
MUSIC IS LIFE was nominated for the 2002 Grammy Award for Best Reggae Album.
Jamaica's elder statesman of lovers ballads procures another patented, soulful recipe on Music Is Life. One of only a few living reggae legends, the unassuming Hammond has the power to transform any listening environment into a contemplative Caribbean getaway. Hammond's effortless delivery and near flawless vocal quality call to mind an atmosphere of swaying palm trees, cool blue water, and overall positive vibrations. His enduring Jamaican hit of 2000, "They Gonna Talk," is as calmly groovy as it is heartfelt. The more up-tempo "Dance for Me" pairs Beres with one of his devoted aficionados, Wyclef Jean, in a near facsimile of Wyclef's crossover duet with Santana, "Maria, Maria." While Hammond is a clear virtuoso of rocksteady and lovers reggae, he also demonstrates versatility on this offering. The more bittersweet ballads, "Mary, Mary" and "Angel Eyes," are haunting as well as eloquent. But, the piŠce de r‚sistance may be "Gonna Shine Again," a low-tempo track teeming with heart-wrenching emotion. Hammond takes traditional roots flavors and transposes them just enough to satisfy purists and new listeners alike. The resulting formula is soothing, accessible, and thought-provoking reggae music. ~ M.F. DiBella
Is It Rolling, Bob? - A Reggae Tribute To Bob Dylan... (CD)(2)
$5.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Reggae genre:
- Various Artists Jamaican Dub (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Marley Legend (The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers) (LP) ~ $21.95
Bob Marley Legend [Bonus Tracks] (CD) ~
$7.24 Super Savings
- Various Artists Spiff TV - Reggaeton Invasion (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Nash I Can See Clearly Now (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE