- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 13, 2005
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Shriek Show
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Bonus Footage: 2005 Live Public Appearance by Zora Kerova and George Eastman - Stars
- Documentary: Joe D'Amato Documentary Horror Experience
- Trailers: Original Trailers
- Alternate Scenes: U.S. Theatrical Opening
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A group of tourists take a boat ride to a deserted island. Once there, they discover that most of the residents have disappeared and soon find themselves being stalked by a malevolent presence. They try to uncover the mystery but nothing could possibly prepare them for what they would eventually find.
One of the most notorious, most debated, most banned films of the "video nasty" era, has never been available in the U.S. with all its gruesome scenes intact....until now. From legendary Euro-sleaze king, Joe D'Amato (Emanuelle And The Last Cannibals, Beyond The Darkness), Anthropophagus boasts a memorably disturbing performance by co-writer George Eastman (the New Barbarians, Erotic Nights Of The Living Dead). See for yourself what all the fuss is about. Have you got the guts?
A fun vacation goes terribly wrong when young tourists become stranded on a mysteriously uninhabited Greek island. They soon find out that all of the former inhabitants have been violently murdered by an insane, rotten-smelling madman who is out to systematically kill each of them! An unforgettable night of terror occurs as the tourists attempt to escape from his murderous clutches by finding out his secrets.
Cult Film |
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |