Willie Nelson The Collection: Stardust / One for the Road / Honeysuckle Rose [Bonus Tracks] (4-CD Box Set)
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (3 Discs)
- by Willie Nelson ~ Collection, Volume 2: Always on My Mind / To Lefty from Willie / Pancho & Lefty (3-CD Box Set) ~ $31.42
- Miracle on 34th Street ~ $8.10
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: February 24, 2004
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Blue Skies
- 3.All of Me
- 4.Unchained Melody
- 5.September Song
- 6.On the Sunny Side of the Street
- 7.Moonlight in Vermont
- 8.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- 9.Someone to Watch over Me
- 10.Scarlet Ribbons - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 11.I Can See Clearly Now - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 12.Georgia on My Mind
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.I Saw the Light
- 3.Heartbreak Hotel
- 4.Let the Rest of the World Go By
- 5.Trouble in Mind
- 6.Don't Fence Me In
- 7.The Wild Side of Life
- 8.Ridin' Down the Canyon
- 9.Sioux City Sue
- 10.You Are My Sunshine
- 11.Danny Boy
- 14.Because of You
- 15.Am I Blue
- 17.Far Away Places
- 18.That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)
- 19.Stormy Weather
- 20.One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.On the Road Again
- 2.Pick Up the Tempo
- 3.Heaven or Hell
- 4.Fiddlin' Around
- 5.Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
- 6.Working Man Blues
- 7.Jumpin' Cotton Eyed Joe
- 8.Whiskey River
- 9.Bloody Mary Morning
- 10.Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
- 11.I Don't Do Windows
- 12.Coming Back to Texas
- 13.It's Not Supposed to Be That Way
- 14.You Show Me Yours (And I'll Show You Mine)
- 15.If You Could Touch Her at All
- 16.Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground
- 17.I Guess I've Come to Live Here in Your Eyes
- 18.Angel Eyes - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 19.So You Think You're a Cowboy
- 20.Make the World Go Away
- 21.Two Sides to Every Story
- 22.A Song for You
- 23.Uncloudy Day
The Collection includes 3 separate albums: STARDUST (1978)/ONE FOR THE ROAD (1979)/HONEYSUCKLE ROAD (1980).
Contains STARDUST (1978)/ONE FOR THE ROAD (w/ Leon Russell) (1979)/HONEYSUCKLE ROSE (1980).
Personnel: Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar); Leon Russell (vocals, keyboards); Jody Payne (guitar, background vocals); Bonnie Raitt (slide guitar); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Marty Grebb (saxophone); Booker T. Jones (piano, organ); Bobbie Nelson (piano); John Gallie (organ); Rex Ludwick, Rex Ludwig, Paul English (drums); Ambrose Campbell (percussion); Jim Boatman, Maria Muldaur (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: David Swope; Al Quaglieri; Thom Cadley; Todd Whitelock; Bradley Hartman.
Audio Remasterers: David Mitson; Joe Gastwirt.
Liner Note Authors: Willie Nelson; Mickey Raphael; Johnny Whiteside; Booker T. Jones.
Recording information: A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/03/1977-12/12/1977); Enactron Truck (12/03/1977-12/12/1977); Paradise Studios, Burbank, CA (12/03/1977-12/12/1977).
Photographers: Don Hunstein; David Gahr; Charlyn Zlotnik; Norman Seeff; Sandy Speiser; Beverly Parker.
Arrangers: Johnny Gimble; Leon Russell; Willie Nelson; Booker T. Jones.
This compilation gathers three excellent late-1970s and early-'80s Willie Nelson albums. Originally released a full 15 years before Tony Bennett made the Great American Songbook safe for the MTV generation, STARDUST features Nelson singing a select group of standards by composers such as Carmichael, Berlin, Weill, Ellington, and the Gershwins, all in his familiar and inimitable style, produced by the great R&B organist Booker T. Jones. ONE FOR THE ROAD compiles the results of two separate Willie Nelson/Leon Russell recording sessions, featuring Nelson and Russell performing a wide range of country songs and such familiar standards as "Don't Fence Me In," "You Are My Sunshine," "Heartbreak Hotel," and "Trouble In Mind," the last of which features a guest vocal by Maria Muldaur and a slide guitar solo by Bonnie Raitt. HONEYSUCKLE ROSE is the soundtrack to the 1980s Nelson movie vehicle of the same name (subsequently retitled ON THE ROAD AGAIN), featuring Nelson classics like "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain" and "Whiskey River," as well as vocal performances from the incomparable singer Emmylou Harris and actresses Dyan Cannon and Amy Irving.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE