- Released: August 1, 2006
- Label: Skaggs Family
No Depression - p.135
"[T]he addition of accordion, clarinet, strings, Danelectro, and percussion gives depth and dimension to the project."
- 1.Going To Richmond - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 2.Missing Vassar - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 3.Wayward To Hayward - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 4.Montana Slim - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 5.Crossing The Briney - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 6.Crossville - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 7.Gallatin Rag - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 8.Dawg's Breath - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 9.Spam Jelly - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 10.Goin' To The Ceili - (with Ricky Skaggs)
- 11.Polk City - (with Ricky Skaggs)
Ricky Skaggs: Ricky Skaggs (banjo); Cody Kilby (guitar); Jeff Taylor (whistle, accordion); Mark Fain (bass instrument); Jim Mills, Andy Leftwich, Andy Statman.
Personnel: Ricky Skaggs, Ricky Skaggs (guitar, claw hammer banjo, mandocello, mandolin, percussion); Jeff Taylor (whistling, pennywhistle, accordion); Jim Mills (banjo); Andy Leftwich (fiddle); Andy Statman (clarinet); The Nashville String Machine.
Photographer: Christoph Giese.
Although Ricky Skaggs is comfortable with the slickness of modern Nashville production, he is pure bluegrass at heart. An accomplished guitarist and mandolin player, Skaggs leads his backing group, Kentucky Thunder, in a spirited set of instrumental bluegrass originals performed in a traditional style without percussion and with plenty of lightning-fast runs.