Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 13, 2012
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: The Original Bill & Ted: In conversation with Chris & Ed
- Air Guitar Tutorial with Bjorn Turoque & The Rockness Monster
- One Sweet and Sour Chinese Adventure To Go
- Radio Spots
- Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Before meeting Socrates' Bill and Ted read up on his philosophy, " 'The only true wisdom consists of knowing that you know nothing.' That's us dude." "Oh. Yeah."
- Bill to Ted (Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves, respectively)
Entertainment Weekly - 06/03/1994
"...Delightfully inventive..." -- Rating: A
Variety - 02/22/1989
"...There's a strong and savvy soundtrack....Witlessly appealing..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/15/2005
"There's nothing better than watching Keanu Reeves save mankind, best Death, and interact with nifty special effects..."
A.V. Club - 12/05/2012
"BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE does have fun with time-travel logic, and is filled with delightful little absurdities like Billy The Kid and Socrates tossing a football around in medieval times."
The excitement and fun begin when a trio of interplanetary rulers dispatch a cool hipster from the 27th century to send two teenage boys - who should have been studying history instead of playing rock music - on a trip through time and history.
Two brain-dead California teenagers, with a combined vocabulary of approximately 75 words, travel back in time to corral various historical figures for a class presentation that just might keep the pair from failing history "most heinously." Napoleon, Socrates, Billy The Kid, Sigmund Freud and Mozart are among those who journey forward in time with the duo in order to give the youth of California eye-witness accounts of the "awesome" pageant that is world history. Most excellent.
Theatrical Release |
- Film was followed by a sequel, "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" (1991), and an animated television series.
- Jane Wiedlin, the actress who plays "Joan of Arc", was formerly a member of "The Go-Go's", an all-woman rock/pop band that enjoyed a measure of success in the 1980s.
- Shot in Technicolor.