Rory Gallagher Kickback City (3-CD)
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$25.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.48 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Little Feat ~ Live in Holland 1976 (CD + DVD) ~ $15.71
- by Rory Gallagher ~ Meeting with the G Man (Live) ~ $7.83
- by Robin Trower ~ State to State: Live Across America 1974-1980 (2-CD) ~ $22.48
- by Leslie West ~ Still Climbing ~ $13.49
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: October 29, 2013
- Originally Released: 2013
- Label: Eagle Rock Entertainment
Description by OLDIES.com:
2013 three CD set from the late Irish guitar hero. Kickback City is a unique release that features Rory both in the studio (Disc One) and live (Disc Two) plus a graphic novel titled The Lie Factory by Ian Ranklin illustrated by Timothy Truman. This is a special release that illustrates some of the common themes within Rory Gallagher's music. The third CD features The Lie Factory as read by actor Aidan Quinn.
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1044 stars out of 5 -- "A ripping marriage made in noir....The best sort of criminal record."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Kickback City
- 2.Continental Op
- 3.Kid Gloves
- 4.Big Guns
- 5.Loanshark Blues
- 6.Secret Agent
- 7.B Girl
- 8.Slumming Angel
- 9.Barley & Grape Rag
- 10.Doing Time
- 11.In Your Town
- 12.Sinner Boy
- 13.The Devil Made Me Do It
- 14.Seven Days
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Continental Op (Live)
- 2.Tattoo d Lady (Live)
- 3.I Ain't No Saint (Live)
- 4.Off The Handle (Live)
- 5.The Loop (Live)
- 6.Messin With The Kid (Live)
- 7.Loneshark Blues (Live)
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.The Lie Factory - spoken word by Aidan Quinn
Recording information: Broadway Video.
Author: Ian Rankin.
Editor: Sue Pelino.
Illustrator: Timothy Truman.
Eighteen years after the death of Rory Gallagher, the incendiary Irish blues-rock guitarist and songwriter gets one of the most unusual tribute compilation packages in music history. Kickback City was conceived by Gallagher's brother D¢nal to celebrate the guitarist's lifelong love of hard-boiled noir fiction -- he often cited its themes and references in his songs. D¢nal recruited best-selling, award-winning crime novelist Ian Rankin (of the popular Inspector Rebus series) in a project that compiles studio and live performances by the guitarist that were directly inspired by the genre. To accompany the music, Rankin wrote a novella that liberally references Gallagher's titles and lyrics; entitled The Lie Factory, it too is enclosed. There is an audio reading of the novella by Aidan Quinn on a separate disc. The entire package was illustrated by Timothy Truman (DC Comics, the Grateful Dead, Santana, First Comics), a lifelong fan of the guitarist. [There is also a limited deluxe vinyl edition available from the artist's website.]
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE