Brazilian Beats [Bar de Lun]
by Various Artists
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: June 27, 2005
- Label: Bar De Lune Boxes
The Wire - 5/00, p.62"...Skowa & Mafia's cover of The Headhunter's 'Deus Me Faca Funky' and Anna Mazzoli's electro-shocked 'Eu Sou Mais Eu'. The best tracks...are those which stick to standard Brazilian blueprints..."
Muzik - 3/01, p.705 out of 5 - "...It's always refreshing to sample a new genre....An excellent selection of music..."
- 1.Sounds of the Past - Rui Esprito-Santo
- 2.I've Got Love (Sweet Mix) - Karalina Moreira
- 3.Pure Sounds - Pure Sounds
- 4.Finally (Dance Mix) - Cecilia Ramos
- 5.Crazy For You - Andre Miguel
- 6.Alair (Dub) - Niro
- 7.In the Taberna (Love Mix) - Isabella Rocha
- 8.Rhythm of the Night (Hot Mix) - Jungle Jam
- 9.I See You (Lovers Dub) - Azeus
- 10.Una Poema - El Amigo
- 11.Prometer Me (Original Mix) - Elena Fraga
- 12.Algo Precious - Tiago
- 13.South-American Jewel - Xtianus
- 14.Get Up
- 15.Close (Clean Mix) - M.A.R.
- 16.Turn Around (Tri Star Mix) - Funky Hombres
- 17.Obsessed by Passion - Felicia Cruz
- 18.Loneliness (Original Version) - Danielis
- 19.Those Days - Zero
- 20.Booming Nights (Dark Blue Mix) - Lifestylers
- 21.Clear Tears - Visions
- 22.Summer Night Stars (Hot Late Dub) - Latino Collective
- 23.About a Girl - Adamus
- 24.Thing Will Never Be the Same Again - Lucia
- 25.Amante (Original Mix) - Party Lover
- 26.La Diva Dance (Original Mix) - Nova Musica
- 27.Cubaisland - Lora Vidaz
- 28.Flower of Life - The Florals
- 29.Love War - Mambi Soldiers
- 30.Burning Passion (Deep Mix) - Francisca Guido
Latin music specialists Mr Bongo have assembled an overwhelming compilation in BRAZILIAN BEATS. Though it's probably targeted at the advanced listener, the disc is so diverse and consistently surprising that it's just as likely to ensnare the curious Brazilian music novice too.
Beginning with a trio of remixed heavily rhythmic tracks, the listener is transported to Rio via a house party. Airto Moreira's famous "Celebration Suite" is stripped to a dancefloor cut, a deliberate nod to both past and future. While other name artists appear--Jorge Ben's Afro-groove "Carolina Carol Beta" and Milton Banana's "Cidade Vazia" are present and correct--many of the delights come in the form of lost treasures. Tenorio Jr and Trio Mocato respectively highlight the breadth in Brazilian jazz and pop, its influence on Western pop, and the foreign elements it soaks up in return. Samba, bossa, mangue, even funk, and a wealth of complex regional styles engulf the listener throughout this collection.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE