Cowboy Junkies The Trinity Session
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.96 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 7, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: RCA
Spin - 1/89, pp.70-71"...a distinctive musical vision, sweet, subtle, and strange..."
CMJ - 1/5/04, p.26Ranked #15 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1989"
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Cowboy Junkies: Margo Timmins (vocals); Michael Timmins (guitar); Alan Anton (bass); Peter Timmins (drums).
Additional personnel: John Timmins (guitar, background vocals); Kim Deschamps (guitars, dobro); Jeff Bird (fiddle, mandolin, harmonica); Steve Shearer (harmonica); Jaro Czerwinec (accordion).
Recorded live at The Church Of The Holy Trinity, Toronto, Canada on November 27, 1987.
Personnel: Margo Timmins (vocals); Kim Deschamps (guitar, steel guitar, dobro); John Timmins (guitar, background vocals); Michael Timmins (guitar); Jeff Bird (mandolin, fiddle, harmonica); Steve Shearer (harmonica); Jaro Czerwinec (accordion); Peter Timmins (drums).
Recording information: Church Of The Holy Trinity, Toronto, Canada (11/27/1987).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Margo Timmins; Michael Timmins; Alan Anton; Peter Timmins.
Formed in Toronto by siblings Micheal, Peter, and Margo Timmins, The Cowboy Junkies purvey a surreal brand of moody, slow motion country music. THE TRINITY SESSIONS was recorded with a single microphone in Toronto's Church of the Holy Trinity (hence the title), an engineering circumstance that has everything to do with the record's stark, spacious atmosphere. Bass and lightly brushed drums provide a soft, pulsating background, while gentle guitar embellishments weave around singer Margo's haunting vocal performances.
While it is the record's many covers-including treatments of the Velvet Underground's "Sweet Jane," Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," and Patsy Cline's "Walking After Midnight"-that first catch a listener's attention, the originals also sparkle. "Misguided Angel," in particular, received a good deal of airplay. The combination of gentle, smoky atmospherics and the somewhat unsettling distention of conventional country song structures make THE TRINITY SESSIONS an intriguing and worthwhile listen.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 105 ratings.
Based on 105 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Englishmen ...Summer Is Here (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE