Bobby Bare Sings Lullabys, Legends And Lies (Limited) (2-CD)
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: RCA
No Depression - p.84"[Bare] gathered fourteen Silverstein story-songs and sang them with a deep, knowing voice that held every bit of plot and humor and wisdom up for display."
Uncut (magazine) - p.63"[A] set of loose, playful and funny story-songs....The best material here revolves around life's absurd -- oftentimes downright Kafkaesque -- happenstance."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Lullabys, Legends and Lies
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Paul
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Marie Lavaux
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Daddy What If
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Wonderful Soup Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes6.The Winner
- $0.99 on iTunes7.In the Hills of Shiloh
- $0.99 on iTunes8.She's My Ever Lovin' Machine
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Mermaid
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Rest Awhile
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Bottomless Well
- $0.99 on iTunes12.True Story
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Sure Hit Songwriters Pen
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Rosalie's Good Eats Cafe
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Sylvia's Mother
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Singin' in the Kitchen
- $0.99 on iTunes3.$100,000 in Pennies
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Alimony
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Back Home in Huntsville Again
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Brian Hennessey
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Too Many Nights Alone
- $0.99 on iTunes8.This Guitar Is For Sale
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Rough on the Living
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Numbers
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Tequila Sheila
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Qualudes Again
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Food Blue
- $0.99 on iTunes14.The Jogger
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Me and Jimmy Rodgers
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Time
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bobby Bare (guitars); Roger Murrah (vocals); Chip Young, Red Lane, Bill Rice (guitars); Lloyd Green, Hal Rugg (dobro); Bobby Thompson (banjo); Tommy Williams (fiddle); Danny Epps (harmonica); Ron Oates, Bobby Wood (piano); Henry Strzelecki, Joe Allen (bass guitar); Larrie Londin, Jerry Carrigan (drums).
One of the finest country albums of the 1970s, LULLABYS, LEGENDS AND LIES marks a crucial point in Bobby Bare's career. Bare already had a body of impressive work behind him by the early '70s, but recording an entire album of tunes by Shel Silverstein (of "A Boy Named Sue" fame) gave him an extra dimension of humor, looseness, and rowdy, left-of-center "outlaw" cred. Living up to the album's title, Silverstein's songs are often wild, absurd, larger-than-life accounts of unusual places and people, and Bare's warm, amiable, charismatic vocal presence is the perfect vehicle to bring them to life. As estimable as the catalogs of Bare and Silverstein are, this album is probably the peak for both.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!