- Released: February 20, 1996
- Label: Razor & Tie
- 1.I Just Started Hatin' Cheatin' Songs Today
- 2.Honky Tonk Amnesia
- 3.It Was Always So Easy (To Find An Unhappy Woman)
- 4.Don't Anyone Make Love At Home Anymore
- 5.Bandy The Rodeo Clown
- 6.Hank Williams, You Wrote My Life
- 7.She Took More Than Her Share
- 8.I'm Sorry For You, My Friend
- 9.Soft Lights And Hard Country Music
- 10.That's What Makes The Jukebox Play
- 11.It's A Cheating Situation - (with Janie Fricke)
- 12.Two Lonely People
- 13.Barstool Mountain
- 14.I Cheated Me Right Out Of You
- 15.One Of A Kind
- 16.Yesterday Once More
- 17.Following The Feeling - (with Judy Bailey)
- 18.Rodeo Romeo
- 19.She's Not Really Cheatin' (She's Gettin' Even)
- 20.Let's Get Over Them Together - (with Becky Hobbs)
Personnel includes: Moe Bandy, Janie Fricke, Judy Bailey, Becky Hobbs.
Compilation producer: Nick Shaffran.
Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Personnel: Moe Bandy (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
As country music began to drift toward the pop mainstream in the early '70s, a few traditionalists continued to find success with the old honky-tonk sound popularized by Hank Williams Sr. and Ernest Tubb. These new traditionalists, among whom Moe Bandy was one of the most successful, rejected the lush background strings and choruses that were increasingly coming to dominate country singles. Instead, musicians such as Bandy, Vern Gosdin, Willie Nelson, and others favored arrangements featuring pedal steel, piano, harmonica, guitar, and, of course, a heart-breakin' lead vocal.
The approach served Bandy well, generating a steady stream of Top-20 hits between 1974 and 1983. 20 of those hits are collected on Razor and Tie's HONKY TONK AMNESIA, including his biggest solo hits "I Cheated Me Right Out of You" and "Hank Williams, You Wrote My Life." Bandy scored several singles with duets, three of which appear on this set. Unfortunately, Bandy's duets with Joe Stampley (among them the #1 hit "Just Good Ol' Boys") do not appear here. Nonetheless, AMNESIA remains the definitive collection of Bandy's music and should find a favored spot on the CD shelves of country music fans.