Rosanne Cash Right or Wrong / Seven Year Ache
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 19, 2001
- Label: Raven [Australia]
Q - 1/02, p.1153 out of 5 stars - "...Rosanne Cash's first two US albums...ushered in a whole new generation of female country singers..."
- 1.Right or Wrong
- 2.Take Me, Take Me
- 3.Man Smart (Woman Smarter)
- 4.This Has Happened Before
- 5.Baby, Better Start Turnin' 'Em Down
- 6.No Memories Hangin' 'Round
- 7.Couldn't Do Nothin' Right
- 8.Seeing's Believing
- 9.Big River
- 10.Anybody's Darlin' (Anything But Mine)
- 11.Not a Second Time
- 13.Seven Year Ache
- 14.Blue Moon With Heartache
- 15.What Kinda Girl?
- 16.You Don't Have Very Far to Go
- 17.My Baby Thinks He's a Train
- 18.Only Human
- 19.Where Will the Words Come From?
- 20.Hometown Blues
- 21.I Can't Resist
- 22.Ballad of a Teenage Queen - (bonus track)
Contains 2 LPs on 1 CD: RIGHT OR WRONG (1979)/SEVEN YEAR ACHE (1981).
Personnel includes: Rosanne Cash, Johnny Cash, The Everly Brothers.
Personnel: Rosanne Cash (acoustic guitar); Albert Lee (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Frank Reckard (guitar, electric guitar); James Burton (guitar); Hank DeVito (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, steel guitar); Emory Gordy (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Rodney Crowell (acoustic guitar, mandolin, fiddle); Brian Ahern (acoustic guitar); Jerry McGee (electric guitar); Jim Horn (bass flute, baritone saxophone); Mickey Raphael (harmonica); Glen D. Hardin, Tony Brown (piano); Booker T. Jones (organ); Hal Blaine, Larrie Londin, John Ware (drums); Millah's Bros. (hand claps); Ann Hilary O'Brien, Donivan Cowart (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Keith Glass.
Recording information: Davlen Sound; Enactron Truck, Beverly Hills, CA; Magnolia Sound, North Hollywood, CA.
The issue of Rosanne Cash's first two Columbia albums in a single package is not only a listening delight, it's more importantly a historical document. In the same way archivists go back to finds the roots of certain evolutions in earlier strains of country music, these two records will be marked undoubtedly as the turning point from the countrypolitan and outlaw sounds of the late '70s to the fusion of country music with modern pop styles that could crossover and reach audiences on both sides of the country music divide. It also marked the resurgence of the female singer/songwriter that the music hadn't seen since the late '50s through the mid-'60s. Right or Wrong is Cash's first collaboration with her husband and producer, Rodney Crowell. Formerly a member of Emmylou Harris's Hot Band, he recruited Emmylou's crew for this project and picked Los Angeles as the site; Cash chose songs based on their merit as songs rather than as country-potential country records. Consequently, writers such as Keith Sykes, Karen Brookes, Gary P. Nunn, and (at least on the British version) Lennon and McCartney got shots at the mainstream country charts. In addition, Cash and Crowell both honed their songwriting skills specific to her voice and delivery style, to the point where on Seven Year Ache they scored with three number one singles and a Top Ten album. Two of those singles, the title track and "Blue Moon With Heartache," were Cash compositions. The third single, Leroy Preston's "My Baby Thinks He's a Train," was covered by virtually every major female country performer in its wake. Add covers of Tom Petty and Steve Forbert songs and the appearance of the queen herself, Emmylou Harris, and you have a dynamite recording. These sides hold up well over two decades later -- especially after what happened to country in the '90s (yeccccchhhhhh!!!!). The sound is pristine, the package has extensive liner notes, and there are bonus tracks to boot. Necessary. ~ Thom Jurek
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Eddie Rabbitt Country Classics (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE