The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2-DVD Ultimate Edition)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
- Feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danzinger, and art director Robert A. Burns
- Feature-length commentary with director Tobe Hooper, cinematographer Daniel Pearl, and actor Gunnar Hansen
- Theatrical Trailers & TV and Radio Spots
- "The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth" and "Flesh Wounds"
- A Tour of the Texas Chain Saw Massacre house with Gunnar Hansen
- Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
- Blooper Reel: "The Shocking Truth" Outtakes
- Still Gallery
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 26, 2006
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Dark Sky Films
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Stereo 2.0
- Dolby Stereo 5.1 Surround
- Additional Release Material:
- Never Before Seen Bonus Material
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain & Edwin Neal|
|Performer:||Teri McMinn, Ed Neal, Jim Siedow, William Vail, Gunnar Hansen, Allen Danzinger & Paul A. Partain|
|Directed by||Tobe Hooper|
|Edited by||Larry Carroll & Sallye Richardson|
|Screenwriting by||Tobe Hooper & Kim Henkel|
|Composition by||Wayne Bell & Tobe Hooper|
|Art Direction by||Robert A. Burns|
|Produced by||Tobe Hooper|
|Director of Photography:||Daniel Pearl|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...CHAINSAW is one of the scariest movies of all time..."
"...Tobe Hooper's horror classic remains as sharp as ever..."
"Few horror films can match the unflinching, sadistic force of this low-budget 1974 triumph..."
4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he film throws the American Dream into a hellish world of murder and cannibalism....Often copied, rarely equalled."
5 stars out of 5 -- "CHAIN SAW remains one of the most punishing, exhilarating films ever made."
Description by OLDIES.com:
In 1974, writer-producer-director Tobe Hooper unleashed The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, a dark, visionary tale about a group of five young friends who face a nightmare of torment at the hands of a depraved Texas clan. Today it remains unequaled as a landmark of outlaw filmmaking and unparalleled in its impact as perhaps the most frightening motion picture ever made.
Dark Sky Films presents The Texas Chain Saw Massacre like you've never seen or heard it before, newly transferred in High Definition from the 16mm camera originals, remixed in 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo Surround, and featuring never-before-seen Bonus Features produced exclusively for this definitive collection.
Hooper's low-budget exploitation horror film became a cult hit and favorite midnight movie that helped define the splatter genre by introducing such standard features as the house of terror, where innocent victims meet horrible ends, and the girl in peril who survives the mayhem to become the heroine. Spawning several sequels, as well as a 2003 remake, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE remains an untouchable work of sheer terror that continues to shock audiences all over the world.
- Theatrical release: October 1974
- TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE was director Tobe Hooper's first feature film.
- The film's estimated budget was $350,000.
- Featured songs by Roger Bartlett & Friends, Timberline Rose, Arkey Blue and Los Cyclones.
- The film was loosely based on the real-life crimes of Ed Gein, which also inspired Hitchcock's PSYCHO.
- John Larroquette makes an uncredited vocal appearance, providing the film with it's unsettling opening narration.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
there is nothing like the orginal texas chainsaw,
but, the remake was good also,if you like suspense
and to be scare out of your wit this one is for you,and you are in for one wild ride.
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.