- Commentary by Director Harold Becker
Sounding The Call To Arms: Mobilizing the 'Taps' Generation and The Bugler's Cry: The Origins Of Playing 'Taps Featurettes, Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio: English [CC], Spanish, French
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Dual Layer disc
- Widescreen (Anamorphic)
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 12, 2006
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.20
- Dolby Digital 4.0 - English
- Mono - Spanish, French
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Harold Becker - Director
- "The Bugler's Cry: The Origins of Playing 'Taps'"
- "Sounding the Call to Arms: Mobilizing the TAPS Generation"
- Theatrical Teaser (2)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Work Print Trailer
- TV Spots (2)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Uncut - 07/01/2004
"[It] works thanks to Becker's understated direction and three strong leading performances."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The riveting tale that took America by storm is now an unstoppable force: Taps: 25th Anniversary Edition
packs an arsenal of extras including an all-new, on-camera interview with Timothy Hutton, an Audio Commentary, two Featurettes and more! From a cast including Timothy Hutton, Tom Cruise, Sean Penn, and George C. Scott, this definitive edition of the jarring film delivers an emotional wallop!
When a fiercely devoted group of Military School cadets learn that their school is being sold to real estate developers, they refuse to accept defeat ... instead choosing to rise up together to protect the Academy and their honor. But the brave young soldiers soon learn that the most courageous decisions can sometimes have unexpected - and even fatal - consequences!
A dedicated and honor bound young cadet takes up arms to prevent his military school from being closed.
Upon hearing that Bunker Hill Military Academy will be demolished to make way for condominiums, the cadets barricade themselves inside. With a full arsenal of weapons, the ability to use them and a keen sense of discipline and hierarchy, the kids prove formidable foes of the local police and the parents laying siege to the Academy. But when the National Guard moves in, morale breaks down and the boys slowly start deserting the compound.
Campus Life |
Coming Of Age |
Essential Cinema |
Tear Jerker |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 30,056
- UPC: 024543267515
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item