Shania Twain The Woman in Me
20 copies available
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 7, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- 1.Home Ain't Where His Heart Is (Anymore)
- 2.Any Man Of Mine
- 3.Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
- 4.I'm Outta Here!, (If You're Not In It For Love)
- 5.Woman In Me, The (Needs The Man In You)
- 6.Is There Life After Love?
- 7.If It Don't Take Two
- 8.You Win My Love
- 9.Raining On Our Love
- 10.Leaving Is The Only Way Out
- 11.No One Needs To Know
- 12.God Bless The Child
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Shania Twain (vocals, handclaps); Larry Byrom (acoustic & electric guitars); Dann Huff (electric & slide guitars); Brent Rowan, Brent Mason (guitar, 6-string bass); Billy Crain (slide guitar); John Hughey, Paul Franklin (pedal steel guitar); Paul Franklin (pedal dobro); Sam Bush (mandolin); Ron Hajacos, Joe Spivey, Glen Duncan (fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); David Hungate (acoustic, electric & fretless bass); Brent Mason (6-string bass); Paul Leim (drums, percussion); Nick Keca (handclaps); Mutt Lange (background vocals, handclaps); The Nashville String Machine.
Principally recorded at Sound Stage Studio, Nashville, Tennessee and A.R.P. Track Productions, St. Anne Des Lacs, Canada.
THE WOMAN IN ME won a 1996 Grammy Award for Best Country Album. "Any Man Of Mine" was nominated for Grammys for Best Female Country Vocal Performance and Best Country Song. Shania Twain was nominated for the Grammy for Best New Artist.
Personnel: Shania Twain (vocals).
Recording information: Battery Studios, Nashville, TN; Javelina Recording Studios, Nashville, TN; Record; Sound Stage Studio, Nashville, TN.
The low, sultry voice of Canadian Shania Twain serves her well on THE WOMAN IN ME. This is a compact collection of middle-of-the-road country, warped by the rock influence of Twain's producer/husband, Mutt Lange.
Twain is not just a singer; she also co-wrote most of the songs with Lange, and they run the gamut from soft ballad to reeling rock. The opening track is a slow, slurry ballad that would be just as comfortable on the adult contemporary charts as on the country charts, and is reminiscent of Bette Midler's style of balladeering.
The single "Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" is a bouncy shuffle that could bring Twain to the forefront of country music. Her vocal is pure country, straight from yesteryear, a matured Brenda Lee. But with thick, rock-oriented production, there isn't much, besides Twain's twang, that labels this album "country."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 141 ratings.
Based on 141 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE