George Strait Strait From the Heart
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.50 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: MCA Nashville
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Strait (vocals, guitar); Sonny Garrish, Fred Newell, Mitch Humphries, Larry Paxton, Mike Leech, Bobby Thompson, Jimmy Capps, Jerry Kroon, Gregg Galbraith, John Hughey, Rob Hajacos, Buddy Spicher, Mark "Bubba" Feldman; Curtis Young, Sudie Calloway, Rita Figilio, Buddy Cannon, Gwen Kay, Arlene Hardin, Bobby Hardin.
Recorded in Music City Music Hall, Nashville, Tennessee.
Also available with STRAIT COUNTRY on 1 CD.
Personnel: George Strait (vocals); Curtis Young, Rita Figlio, Gwen Kay, Arlene Hardin, Bobby Hardin, Sudie Callaway, Buddy Cannon (vocals); The Nashville String Machine (strings).
Audio Mixer: Bill Harris .
Recording information: Music City Music Hall, Nashville, TN.
Editor: Milan Bogdan.
Photographer: Jim McGuire .
Unknown Contributor Roles: Jimmy Capps; Larry Paxton; Mark Feldman ; Mike Leech; Mitch Humphries; Rob Hajacos; Fred Newell; Jerry Kroon; Sonny Garrish; John Hughey; Bobby Thompson; Gregg Galbraith; Buddy Spicher.
George Strait may have landed his first number one in 1982, making him an "overnight sensation," but he'd been working for it since 1976. Strait From the Heart boasts "Fool-Hearted Memory," a perfect slow two-step that raged in all the dancehalls in America for half a year and sent folks to the bins in droves seeking out Strait's records. What they found was a singer of uncommon vitality who could sing honky tonk, countrypolitan, and the new traditional sounds that were just beginning to assert themselves after the first wave of "new country." The new Strait fans were interested in the ballads such as "Marina del Rey" and "A Fire I Can't Put Out," but they are hardly the best cuts on the set. In fact, when Strait lets it get on the raw side is when he is at his best. Tracks such as "Honky Tonk Crazy," his cover of Guy Clark's "Heartbroke," the Western swing of his original "I Can't See Texas From Here," and the strutting barroom anthem "The Steal of the Night" offer a portrait of Strait as a man who can do it all. His work is not over-produced, and his voice rings clear and true, offering only what the song needs to reveal itself to the listener. Strait From the Heart may not be the exact beginning of the story, but it is the first part of the legend. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE