The Mavericks Gold (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.88 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 8, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: MCA Nashville
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.The End of the Line
- 2.Mr. Jones
- 3.This Broken Heart
- 4.Excuse Me (I Think I've Got a Heartache)
- 5.I Got You
- 6.From Hell to Paradise
- 7.Hey Good Lookin'
- 8.I Should Have Been True
- 9.There Goes My Heart
- 11.What a Crying Shame
- 12.All That Heaven Would Allow
- 13.The Things You Said to Me
- 14.O What a Thrill
- 15.Foolish Heart
- 16.Here Comes the Rain
- 17.Missing You
- 18.I'm Not Gonna Cry for You
- 19.The Writing on the Wall
- 20.Loving You
- 21.All You Ever Do Is Bring Me Down
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Blue Moon
- 2.I Don't Care (If You Don't Love Me Anymore)
- 3.Mucara, La - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Dance the Night Away
- 5.Panatella - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Someone Should Tell Her
- 7.To Be with You
- 8.I've Got This Feeling
- 9.She Does - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Fool #1
- 11.Save a Prayer
- 12.Dream River
- 13.All I Get - (previously unreleased)
- 14.(Tonight) The Bottle Let Me Down - (previously unreleased, live)
- 15.Rancho Grande - (live)
- 16.Hot Burrito #1
- 17.Think of Me (When You're Lonely)
- 19.World Without Love, A - (previously unreleased)
- 20.Here Comes My Baby
The Mavericks: Nick Kane, Paul Deakin, Raul Malo, Robert Reynolds.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Photographers: Jim Herrington; Peter Nash ; Se¤or McGuire; Mark Tucker .
Had the Mavericks been around during the outlaw country days of the mid-1970s, when iconoclasts like Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kinky Friedman were fusing the heart and soul of traditional country with the energy and drive of classic rock & roll, they would have been one of the biggest bands in country music--if not the country. Coming on the scene a couple of decades later, the Austin-based foursome led by singer-songwriter Raul Malo weren't hip enough for the burgeoning alt-country scene, but they rocked a bit too hard and too old-school for Nashville's sanitized halls, so they never got all the attention they were due. As the excellent two-disc career-spanning compilation GOLD shows, however, the Mavericks belong with any of the great country rock bands of all time. Spanning all of their albums and including hits like "Dance the Night Away" and "The End of the Line" alongside respectful covers of rock and country classics like Gram Parsons's "Hot Burrito #1 (I'm Your Toy)," this is a well-chosen and expertly sequenced set that supercedes all previous Mavericks compilations.
The MavericksSuper Colossal Smash Hits of the 90's: The Best of the...
$9.90 Super Savings
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(8)
$4.48 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Dolly Parton Best There Is (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE