George Jones Walls Can Fall
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.50 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 27, 1992
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: MCA Nashville
Entertainment Weekly - 11/13/92, p.80"..a classic honky-tonk performance, with snappy production that enhances his famous free-fall dips and wails...vintage George Jones.." - Rating: B+
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Jones (vocals); Biff Watson, Billy Joe Walker, Jr. (acoustic guitar); Steve Gibson (acoustic & electric guitars); Reggie Young (electric guitar, bass); Buddy Emmons, Sonny Garrish, John Hughey (steel guitars); Glen Duncan, Stuart Duncan (fiddles); John Barlow Jarvis, Pig Robbins (piano); Emory Gordy, Jr. (bass); Owen Hale (drums); Curtis Young, Liana Young, Cindy Richardson-Walker, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill, Carol Chase, Ronny Gaddis, Andrea Zonn (background vocals).
Additional guest artists: Alan Jackson, T. Graham Brown, George Foreman.
Personnel: George Jones (vocals, guitar); Steve Gibson (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Biff Watson, Billy Joe Walker (acoustic guitar); Reggie Young (electric guitar, 6-string bass); Sonny Garrish, John Hughey, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Glen Duncan , Stuart Duncan (fiddle); John Jarvis, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Owen Hale (drums); Cindy Richardson Walker, Curtis Young, Liana Young, Ron Gaddis, Andrea Zonn, Patty Loveless, Vince Gill, Carol Chase (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Steve Tillisch.
Recording information: Groundstar, Masterfonics; Studio 6, San Francisco, CA.
Editors: Glenn Meadows; Milan Bogdan.
Photographer: Peter Nash .
Unknown Contributor Roles: Clint Black; Garth Brooks; Joe Diffie; Alan Jackson; Mark Chesnutt; Pam Tillis; T. Graham Brown; Travis Tritt.
1992's WALLS CAN FALL arrived at a time when many suspected that too much hard living had taken its toll on the ol' Possum and that neither he nor his voice had much left to offer. Confounding expectations as usual, "no-show" Jones showed up with one of his best albums in years. In fact, the lead off track, "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair," which features cameos from Garth Brooks, Patty Loveless and several other '90s country stars, became a mainstream country radio hit.
Rather than turning into a cheesy "hat act" showcase, however, the song makes glaringly obvious the fact that there still ain't nobody who can sing like George. Most of the other tunes here are also first rate. "There's the Door" is absolutely classic Jones in the tear-jerking vein of "The Grand Tour." "Drive me to Drink" is a potential honky-tonk standard that would also be perfect for Johnny Paycheck or David Allen Coe. On WALLS CAN FALL, the man who Sinatra once called "the world's second best singer" proves once again that Frank may have been underestimating.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Heart Of Country: 48 Classics Of Country & Western (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE