Vince Gill Pocket Full of Gold
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 5, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: MCA Nashville
Q - 6/92, p.943 Stars - Good - "..Vince Gill is a fine guitarist and solid songwriter...Gill transforms ordinary material into riveting confessions.."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I Quit
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Look at Us
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Take Your Memory with You
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Pocket Full of Gold
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Strings That Tie You Down
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Liza Jane
- $0.99 on iTunes7.If I Didn't Have You in My World
- $0.99 on iTunes8.A Little Left Over
- $0.99 on iTunes9.What's a Man to Do
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sparkle
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Vince Gill (vocals, electric guitar, background vocals); Michael Rhodes (bass voice); Mac McAnally (acoustic guitar); Larry Byrom, Richard Bennett , Billy Joe Walker (electric guitar); John Hughey (steel guitar); Andrea Zonn (fiddle, background vocals); Barry Beckett, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Pete Wasner (keyboards); Larrie Londin, Eddie Bayers (drums); Herb Pedersen, Patty Loveless, Tony King (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: John Guess.
Recording information: Studio 6, San Francisco, CA.
By the time POCKET FULL OF GOLD was released in 1991, Vince Gill was a full-fledged country superstar, thanks to the runaway success of WHEN I CALL YOUR NAME. While GOLD sticks with the strengths of its predecessor, it also proves to be a slightly more dynamic outing, with more upbeat moments added to the mix, including the twangy opener, "I Quit" (which recalls the contemporaneous work of Dwight Yoakam), the rollicking "A Little Left Over" (a showcase for Gill's deft guitar playing), and the sunny, romantic "Sparkle."
The Oklahoma-born singer/songwriter also eases into a handful of affecting ballads, most notably the melancholy title track and "The Strings That Tie You Down," which rides a slow, steady pop-influenced beat. Gill's knack for adding pop/rock elements into his music without compromising its country credibility is one of his finest talents, and it's highlighted remarkably well on this solid and entertaining album.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Jack Scott The Very Best of Jack Scott (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
Greatest Hits (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Don Gibson Hurtin' Inside / I Love You So Much It Hurts (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE