Vince Gill High Lonesome Sound
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.14 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 28, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: MCA Nashville
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
"Worlds Apart" won the 1997 Grammy Award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance. The title track, featuring Alison Krauss & Union Station, won the 1997 Grammy for Best Country Collaboration With Vocals. The title track was also nominated for Best Country Song, and the album was nominated for Best Country Album. "Pretty Little Adriana" won the 1998 Grammy Award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance.
Personnel: Vince Gill (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, gut-string guitar, mandolin); Vince Gill (vocals); Alison Krauss (vocals, fiddle); Jeff Guernsey, Jeff Geurnsey (fiddle); Pete Wasner (piano, electric piano, Hammond b-3 organ, synthesizer); Steve Nathan (piano, Hammond b-3 organ, synthesizer); Leland Sklar, Barry Bales (bass guitar); Lisa Bevill, Nicole C. Mullen, Patty Loveless, Shelby Lynne, Bekka Bramlett, Robert Bailey , Billy Thomas, Chris Rodriguez , Kim Fleming, Kim Richey (background vocals); Billy Joe Walker, Jr., Steuart Smith (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Dan Tyminski, Jeff White (acoustic guitar); John Hughey (steel guitar); Jerry Douglas (dobro); Ron Block (banjo); Adam Steffey (mandolin); Carlos Vega (drums).
Audio Mixer: Chuck Ainlay.
Recording information: Emerald Sound Studios; Masterfonics, Nashville, TN; The Tracking room.
Although Vince Gill is renowned as a country performer, the Oklahoma native actually got his start playing in traditional bluegrass bands. This 1996 album finds Gill getting back in touch with his roots without abandoning his easy-going, pop-tinged style. In fact, although much of the record features a pleasant, down-home vibe, only the title track, which appears in two versions, boasts a decent shot of true bluegrass.
While the first rendition of the tune shines a spotlight of Gill's adept guitar playing, the second take has Alison Krauss and Union Station lending their instrumental expertise to the lilting number. Other highlights of HIGH LONESOME SOUND include the Lyle Lovett-esque "One Dance with You," the gentle "Pretty Little Adriana," and the lovelorn "Worlds Apart." Though Gill's albums were no longer hitting multi-platinum marks by this point, HIGH LONESOME SOUND reveals that the singer/songwriter was willing to follow his muse, regardless of commercial appeal or Nashville trends.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Wheeling West Virginia: October 2, 1976 (Live) (CD)
$16.55 Super Savings
Keep on Going: The Rebel & Melodeon Recordings (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE