A black-masked phantom hero confronts cattle rustlers.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Phantom Rancher - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1938
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Harry L. Fraser|
|Screenplay by||Bill Lively|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Ken Maynard was the roughest, toughest, straight-shootin'est picture-makin'est hombre who ever laid siege to Old Hollywood. Ken Mitchell (Maynard) inherits both the ranch and bad reputation of an uncle who had been suspected of provoking a disastrous outbreak of stampedes. The distrustful ranchers will have none of Ken's help, so he insinuates his way into a murderous outlaw gang. He learns that a big-shot cattleman named Collins is secretly the real culprit and suits himself up as the Phantom Rancher, thwarting Collins' takeover plans by helping the locals meet their mortgages. The masquerade is more Robin Hood than Phantom of the Horse Opera, but Maynard's very anger and indignation render this Phantom a figure of menace. Maynard's attitude is that of a rambunctious, hard-riding Westerner, and his magnificent charger, Tarzan, is still the smartest horse in the movies, Roy Rogers' Trigger notwithstanding. An unnervingly proud and plain-spoken artist, Ken Maynard had come to the screen in 1924 as a veteran of the rodeo and Wild West circuits, rapidly winning a devoted following even as he estranged himself from one studio after another with his insistence upon creative autonomy. (Michael H. Price with George Turner, From Forgotten Horrors 2: Beyond the Horror Ban, published by Midnight Marquee Press. Reprinted with permission.)
Ken dons a mask, oils up his six-shooters, hops on his horse and then goes after the illusive Phantom who must be discovered, exposed, and finally brought to justice so that peace will return to the gentle ranchers of the valley.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 13 ratings.
Based on 13 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,395
- UPC: 089218428196
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the World (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE