Gary Allan It Would Be You
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: MCA Nashville
Entertainment Weekly - 5/29/98, p.77"The sinewy, stylish follow-up to Allan's barnburnig debut catapults him above most of the neo-honky-tonkers by stripping the flash off of modern country and getting to the core of its neon heart..." - Rating: A
- 1.It Would Be You
- 2.No Man in His Wrong Heart
- 3.Don't Leave Her Lonely Too Long
- 4.I'll Take Today
- 5.I Ain't Runnin' Yet
- 6.She Loves Me, She Don't Love You
- 7.I've Got A Quarter In My Pocket
- 8.Baby I Will
- 9.Red Lips, Blue Eyes, Little White Lies
- 10.It Took Us All Night Long To Say Goodbye
- 11.Forgotten, But Not Gone
Personnel: Gary Allan (vocals); B. James Lowry (acoustic & 9 string acoustic guitars); Rivers Rutherford, Jake Kelly (acoustic guitar); Brent Rowan (electric guitar, tic tac); Jack Holder (electric guitar); Paul Franklin, Dan Dugmore (steel guitar); Hank Singer; Glen Duncan (fiddle); Steve Nathan (synthesizer, Wurlitzer, piano, B-3); John Barlow Jarvis (piano, Hammond B-3 organ); Michael Rhodes (bass); Chad Cromwell (drums); Tom Roady (percussion); Curtis Young, Dennis Williams, Harry Stinson, John Wesley Ryles (background vocals).
Recorded at Javelina Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
All tracks have been digitally mastered using HDCD technology.
Personnel: Gary Allan (vocals); Jake Kelly, Rivers Rutherford, B. James Lowry (acoustic guitar); Jack Holder, Brent Rowan (electric guitar); Glen Duncan , Hank Singer (fiddle); Steve Nathan (piano, Wurlitzer organ, synthesizer); Chad Cromwell (drums); Tom Roady (percussion); Curtis Young, Harry Stinson, Dennis Williams, John Wesley Ryles (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Greg Droman.
Recording information: House Of Gain, Nashville, TN; Javelina Studios, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: E.J. Camp.
Gary Allan is a surfer from Southern California, but you'd never know it from listening to IT WOULD BE YOU. Allan's taken care to pack his sophomore release with nothing but straight-up country songs from some of the finest writers in Nashville. Heck, he's even cut a song Conway Twitty wrote back in 1963 ("She Loves Me, She Don't Love You.") The material ranges from uptempo honky tonkers ("I've Got A Quarter In My Pocket," "Don't Leave Her Lonely Too Long") to melodic ballads ( "I Ain't Runnin' Yet," "I'll Take Today.")
Allan, with his slightly gritty voice, handles the range of material just fine. But his best performance, ironically, is on the CD's hidden track. "No Judgment Day" comes several minutes after the last listed cut, and tells the chilling story of a single violent incident which tears a small town apart. It's possible Allan hid the song to avoid being labeled "politically incorrect," but it seems strange to hide what is truly his album's most powerful moment.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.
Based on 34 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Definitive Greatest Hits: Til the Last Shot's Fired... (CD)
$17.73 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays / In Concert (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Legends of Country: 36 Great Performances (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Daniels The Door (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE