- Released: May 10, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
Record Collector (magazine) - p.834 stars out of 5
-- "Both albums showcased Di Meola's considerable abilities as a composer and arranger, as well as reaffirming his jaw-dropping technical mastery of his instrument."
- 1.Flight Over Rio
- 2.Midnight Tango
- 3.Mediterranean Sundance
- 4.Race with Devil on Spanish Highway
- 5.Lady of Rome, Sister of Brazil
- 6.Elegant Gypsy
- 7.Egyptian Danza
- 8.Chasin' the Voodoo
- 9.Dark Eye Tango
- 10.Se¤or Mouse
- 11.Fantasia Suite for Two Guitars: Viva la Danzarina / Guitars of the Exotic Isle / Rhapsody Italia / Bravoto Fantasia
Audio Remasterer: Andrew Thompson .
Liner Note Author: Alyn Shipton.
Recording information: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY (1976).
Photographer: Bill King .
This two-fer from Beat Goes On features a pair of LPs by jazz guitarist Al di Meola, Elegant Gypsy and Casino, originally issued on Columbia in 1977 and 1978. Highlights among the 12 tracks include "Mediterranean Sundance," "Fantasia Suite for Two Guitars," and "Dark Eye Tango." Casual listeners will want both of these albums, while longtime fans will undoubtedly already own this material. ~ Al Campbell