- Released: September 14, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 4.A Spring Air
- 5.Cantus Firmus to Counterpoint
- 6.Sinfonia for Guitar and Strings [From the Suite "For My Lady's Delight"]
- 7.Dolor Dulcis (Sweet Sorrow)
- 8.Lament to the Earl of Bottesford Beck
- 9.The Leaving of the Country Lover
- 10.Young Man's Fancy
- 11.Easy Come, Easy Go
- 13.Lesson One
- 15.Weavers Market
Personnel: Edward Baird (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar, dulcimer, percussion); Terry Wincott (vocals, guitar, flute, recorder, crumhorn, piano, percussion); John Gladwin (vocals, guitar, double bass, tabor, tubular bells); Terence Alan Wincott (vocals, flute, recorder, harmonium, Mellotron, bongos, percussion); Adrian Hopkins (harpsichord); Steve Winwood (bass guitar); Simon Kirke (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Andrew Thompson .
Liner Note Author: John O'Regan.
Recording information: Island Studios.
Photographer: Shepard Sherbell.
This two-fer from the Beat Goes On label includes two of genteel English progressive folk outfit Amazing Blondel's earliest records, 1972's England and 1973's Blondel. The former, their picturesque and pastoral fourth album, is the strongest of the pair, and is dominated by the side-long three-piece suite "The Paintings," while the latter introduced a more pop-oriented soft rock sound, due in large part to the departure of founder John Gladwin. ~ James Christopher Monger