Ryan Adams Cold Roses (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 3, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Lost Highway
Rolling Stone - No. 975, p.743.5 stars out of 5 - "At its best, COLD ROSES lives between the twin blooms of the Rolling Stone's "Dead Flowers" and the Grateful Dead's AMERICAN BEAUTY..."
Spin - pp.102-105"Adams' tune-smithing has never been sweeter." - Grade: B+
Uncut - p.1053 stars out of 5 - "[F]ull of encouraging hints the 30-year-old is feeling more comfortable in his own skin..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1023 stars out of 5 - "[T]he 18 songs here boast plenty of twanging harmonies and pedal steel whine, and the marked influence of his recent infatuation with the Grateful Dead."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Magnolia Mountain
- 2.Sweet Illusions
- 3.Meadowlake Street
- 4.When Will You Come Back Home
- 5.Beautiful Sorta
- 6.Now That You're Gone
- 7.Cherry Lane
- 9.How Do You Keep Love Alive
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Easy Plateau
- 2.Let It Ride
- 4.Cold Roses
- 5.If I Am A Stranger
- 6.Dance All Night
- 8.Life Is Beautiful
Ryan Adams/Ryan Adams & the Cardinals: Ryan Adams; Brad Pemberton (vocals, drums); John P. Bowersock (guitar); Catherine Popper (bass guitar); Cindy Cashdollar.
Personnel: Ryan Adams (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, piano); Cindy Cashdollar (vocals, steel guitar, lap steel guitar, resonator guitar); Rachael Yamagata, Catherine Popper (vocals, piano); Brett Pemberton (vocals, drums); John P. Bowersock (electric guitar).
Audio Mixers: Ryan Adams; Tom Schick.
Recording information: Loho Studios, New York, NY.
While not much was heard from the notoriously prolific Ryan Adams in the year following his flurry of 2003 releases (ROCK N ROLL and the two LOVE IS HELL EPs), 2005's COLD ROSES indicates that the singer/songwriter was plenty busy. This double album finds Adams working with a new band, the Cardinals. Fans of Adams's former group Whiskeytown will welcome the sound of COLD ROSES, which roots itself in Neil Young-influenced folk-rock, and easy-going country-rock on the order of the Flying Burrito Brothers and the Eagles.
Like most of Adams's efforts, this album is polished, assured, and pleasurable, with strong songwriting at the fore throughout. The opener, "Magnolia Mountain," sets the tone--a warm, back-porch vibe tinged with melancholy and buoyed by Adams's emotive warble. Sometimes Adams downshifts to straight folk ("Rosebud"); at other times, he is more pop-minded ("Cherry Lane"), while mixing in simple, swaying melodies ("When Will You Come Back Home") and the occasional blues-based rocker ("Beautiful Sorta"). Despite the stylistic variations, COLD ROSES is extremely cohesive, and represents a welcome return to Adams's early sound.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 136 ratings.
Based on 136 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Jacksonville City Nights [Australian Bonus Track] (CD)(73)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Eddy Arnold Famous Country Music Makers (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Charlie Daniels The Door (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Lee Greenwood The Best of Lee Greenwood (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE