I Bury The Living
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Makeup: Jack P. Pierce
- Visual Design: Edward Vorkapich
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Theodore Bikel, Peggy Maurer, Howard Smith, Robert Osterloh, Russ Bender & Matt Moore|
|Directed by||Albert Band|
|Screenwriting by||Louis Garfinkle|
|Composition by||Gerald Fried|
|Produced by||Albert Band & Louis Garfinkle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 59 ratings.
This is a little gem of a movie and one of my most watched horror films! I already have the MGM version and this one by Alpha Video is just as good, and for under $6 you can't go wrong! The picture and sound are both very good and the package is very nice indeed, buy a copy now!!!
This had the makings to be one of the scariest things ever put on film, a psychological drama about a man who discovers he has a power that no one else has and his struggle to come to terms with it. Alas, the studio got cold feet.
Let me explain. Richard Boone is a businessman who has to take his turn as caretaker of a local cenetray. All his family and friends have plots there and the map of the grounds is dotted with white pins for empty graves and black pins for occupied one. One day by accident Richard puts a black pin into an empty grave marker and the person who owns the grave dies! Thinking this is only a coincidence Richard goes on about his work until he makes the same mistake a second time and another person dies! The supersititous groundskeeper Andrew (Theodore Bikel) suggests that Richard has the power to bring death by force of will. His friends all scoff at the idea and to snap the man out of it they all demand he put black pins into their grave markers. Bad idea! With the body count growing police think Richard might be murdering his business partners. Is that the case, or there something even more terrible behind it all?
The original ending had Richard pulling out the black pins and puttings white ones in their place. This made the dead people rise out of their graves and surround him in his office and call him to join them. Richard sees them and dies of a heart attack. Okay, that was the ORIGINAL ending! The studio changed it for a more "reasonable" explanation and (to me anyway) wrecked everything that had gone before.
Oh well, as it is the film is a fairly decent mystery. Personally I wish they had left well anough alone though.
- Sales Rank: 6,308
- UPC: 089218425799
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.