- Released: September 13, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 1.Introduction / We'll Understand It Better By and By
- 2.Medley: Take My Hand, Precious Lord / Jesus Hold My Had
- 3.Precious Memories
- 4.History of Big Creek Baptist Church
- 5.Turn Your Radio On
- 6.If We Never Meet Again
- 7.Closing Prayer: Just As I Am
- 8.Introduction & Opening Prayer
- 9.Amazing Grace
- 10.Where Could I Go
- 11.Medley: Old Time Religion / Pass Me Not / Sweet By and By
- 12.The Old Rugged Cross
- 13.Closing Prayer
- 15.Life's Railway To Heaven
- 16.On the Jericho Road
- 17.Steal Away
- 18.I Saw the Light
- 19.Introduction / Leaning On the Everlasting Arms
- 20.Guide Me, Lord
- 21.The Family Bible
- 22.I'll Be List'ning
- 23.Just a Closer
- 24.Closing Prayer
Personnel: Robbie Harden, Dennis Hromek, Bobby Wayne, Helen Carter, Johnny Gimble, Mother Maybelle Carter, Anita Carter, Herman Harper , Bonnie Owens (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Andrew Thompson .
Liner Note Author: Maurice Hope.
Editor: John Tobler.
Here's one for the hardest of hardcore Merle Haggard believers (no pun intended). Released in 1971 between Hag and Someday We'll Look Back, this curio collects four live performances: two are in churches proper -- Big Creek Baptist Church and Assembly of God Tabernacle -- one is at San Quentin's Garden Chapel inside the prison, and one at Nashville's Union Rescue Mission. What's more, while two of these feature Hag with the Strangers -- including Bonnie Owens -- the other two find him backed by the Carter Family! As one can guess, the music rolls between country gospel and hymns, some with preachers introducing the numbers. It's all live, and the recordings are excellent, but this music is an acquired taste and, like a lot of Haggard's live records, it's uneven, but there are some fine moments. ~ Thom Jurek