Terry Stafford Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Terry Stafford ~ Suspicion! - A Golden Classics Edition ~ $1.98 (Save 85%)
- Released: May 8, 2007
- Label: Koch Records
- 1.Country Canary - (with Gene Price)
- 2.Big In Vegas
- 4.Ain't No Woman Like My Woman
- 5.Shelley's Winter Love
- 6.Amarillo By Morning
- 7.Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- 8.Lets Keep The Memories Warm
- 10.Easy To Say, Hard To Do
- 11.Road House Country Singer
- 12.It Sure Is Bad To Love Her
Personnel: Gary S. "Flip" Paxton, Jimmy Capps, Leon Rhodes, Reggie Young , Tommy Allsup, Billy Sanford, Steve Gibson (guitar); Lloyd Green, Pete Drake, Weldon Myrick (steel guitar); James Buchanan, Johnny Gimble, Shorty Lavender (fiddle); Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Ron Oates (piano); Charlie McCoy (harpsichord); Henry Strzelecki, Joe Allen (bass guitar); Kenny Malone, Jerry Carrigan (drums); The Nashville Edition (background vocals).
Additional personnel: Gene Price.
There were two distinctive phases in Terry Stafford's meteoric decade-long recording career. The first segment was catalyzed by his one dynamite hit single, a 1964 cover of Elvis Presley's "Suspicion." Stafford's early recordings were mostly punctuated by squinky outbursts from a Farfisa or Vox electronic organ. "Suspicion" was a formulaic marvel of great precision, second only to the Elvis original and a spoof version by the Bonzo Dog Band. Stafford's brief second and final period is represented by the album Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose. Recorded for Atlantic in 1973 and reissued on CD by Koch in 2007, this country-pop production album brought him some measure of success but not enough to sustain his flagging career, for after 1974 Stafford appears to have stopped making records altogether. In addition to the title track and "Amarillo by Morning," points of interest are "Big in Vegas" (co-written with Buck Owens), "Shelley's Winter Love" by Merle Haggard, and a countrified third-generation cover of "Suspicion." ~ arwulf arwulf
Oldies But Goodies, Volume 11 (Golden Anniversary) (CD)(3)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE