Ray Price Night Life
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 24, 1996
- Label: Koch Records
- 1.Introduction / Night Life
- 2.Lonely Street
- 3.The Wild Side of Life
- 4.Sittin' and Thinkin'
- 5.The Twenty-Fourth Hour
- 6.A Girl in the Night
- 8.There's No Fool Like an Young Fool
- 9.If She Could See Me Now
- 10.Bright Lights and Blonde Haired Women
- 11.Are You Sure
- 12.Let Me Talk to You
Personnel: Ray Price (vocals, guitar); Arthur E. "Art" Bishop, Ray Edenton, Darrell McCall, Willie H. Nelson, Herman B. "Pete" Wade, Grover "Shorty" Lavender, Thomas Grady Martin, Donald "Donnie Young", "Johnny Paycheck" Lytle (guitar); Buddy Gene Emmons, James Clayton "Jimmy" Day (steel guitar); Byron T. Bach, Brenton Bolden Banks, George T. Binkley II, Cecil L. Brower, Howard R. Carpenter, Lillian Vann Hunt, Vernal E. Richardson (violin); Thomas Lee "Tommy" Jackson Jr. (fiddle); Floyd Cramer, Hargus M. "Pig" Robbins (piano); Joseph S. Zinkan (acoustic bass); Harold Ray Bradley (electric bass); Stephan F. "Steve" Bess, Murray M. "Buddy" Harmon Jr. (drums).
Producers: Don Law, Frank Jones.
Reissue producer: Barry Feldman.
Recorded at Bradley Studios & Columbia Studios, Nashville, Tennessee from January 1961-February 1963. Originally released on Columbia (8771). Includes liner notes by The Hound.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using HDCD technology.
Ray Price's first dozen years of recorded material (1951-1963) are considered his best by most country purists. NIGHT LIFE is one of the last great albums of this period, and here begins Price's transition from honky-tonk singer to balladeer. Recorded over a stretch of three years ('61-'63), this album is special for many reasons. First of all, it features the original version of the Willie Nelson tune "Night Life," which is now a country classic. The album also includes inspired versions of "The Wild Side of Life" and the great Hank Thompson shuffle, "A Girl in the Night," among others. Moreover, there are great performances by steel guitarist Buddy Emmons and guitarist Johnny Paycheck, who would both become country superstars in their own right.
Featuring songs of hardship and hard living, each tune on NIGHT LIFE addresses archetypal country music themes such as loneliness, sorrow, and alcohol abuse. Largely lyric-driven, this album is the perfect late-night record for anybody who's suffered the pain of love's defeat.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE