- Anamorphic Widescreen
- Audio: English, Spanish & French
- Subtitles: English & Spanish
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 5, 2006
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - Spanish - Optional
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2006
"[T]here are some sharp shocks in store....[Mulligan] builds an atmosphere of disquiet that thrives upon ambiguity..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
This harrowing horror film helmed by legendary director Robert Mulligan provides enough twists and turns to keep you guessing up until its shocking ending! Mysterious accidents befall a family on a farm in depression-era rural Connecticut, resulting in the loss of a beloved father and a cherished twin brother. But when nine-year old Holland begins to see -- and speak to -- his twin, the remaining family members can only wait in terrified anticipation for more tragedies to occur ... as it slowly dawns on them that the accidents may not be accidental after all.
Theatrical Release |
- Real twin brothers Martin Udvarnoky and Chris Udvarnoky played the roles of twins Niles and Holland.
- Composer Jerry Goldsmith's well-known scores include themes for other horror films, including THE OMEN and ALIEN, as well as for the blockbusters AIR FORCE ONE, THE MUMMY, BASIC INSTINCT, and several STAR TREK films.