One Step Beyond Volume 1
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- 4 Classic Episodes
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 7, 2003
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Louise Fletcher, Bruce Gordon, Grant Williams, Edward Binns, Richard Devon & Pernell Roberts|
|Directed by||John Newland|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Episode 1: A woman vanishes inside her vacation house after an argument with her husband. He is charged with murder and in his frantic search, uncovers a startling history to the house.
Episode 2: A woman claims her evil twin is setting fires in the neighboring towns, but her husband and police don't believe it -- her sister died when she was ten ...in a house fire.
Episode 3: A New York artist witnesses a woman trying to kill herself in the hotel across from his apartment. The next night he sees the same thing happen again -- same woman, same room.
Episode 4: On a battlefield in WWI, four French soldiers witness a blinding light in the sky and lay down their arms. At their court martial, they describe the vision and its impact.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Absolutely the scariest of all of the T.V. series from the Golden Age of Television. Doesn't insult the viewers intelligence with the camp and somewhat light comedy that ruined some of 'The Twilight Zone' episodes. John Newland is a charismatic and likable guide into the unknown. Tales are straightforwardly suspenseful and always build to an eerie climax. Very much worth a view!
One Step Beyond should have been remembered much more highly than the Twilight Zone. There are something like 50 episodes. I hope Alpha will continue the series
Welcome to what is remembered by me as the creepiest thing that was ever aired! Unlike its contemporary, "The Twilight Zone", "One Step Beyond" didn't comfort the viewer by using the supernatural ro tell morality tales, but built a conventional drama, with realistic characters toward an inexplicable climax. Each story reminds one of the short horror takes of Ambrose Bierce, leaving the viewer hanging in terrified perplexity. Alpha, this deserves a dozen more volumes!
- Sales Rank: 16,152
- UPC: 089218422491
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE