- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2012
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Lyons / Hit Ent.
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: "Making the Cup" Featurette
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
PHAR LAP director Simon Wincer returns to the world of horse racing with this inspirational true story about one man's quest to pay tribute to his fallen brother by winning the Melbourne Cup. The sons of legendary jockey Ray Oliver -- who was killed during a horse race in Western Australia -- Damien (Stephen Curry) and Jason Oliver (Daniel MacPherson) followed in their father's footsteps by becoming champion riders. But in the run-up to the prestigious Melbourne Cup, a tragedy on the track kills Jason, and leaves his brother deeply shaken. Initially doubting he will ever find the courage to ride again, Damien summons the courage to compete in the Melbourne Cup and honor his brother's memory with the help of Dermot Weld (Brendan Gleeson), a celebrated horse trainer from Ireland who's convinced Damien has the makings of a true champion. Later, as Damien and his horse Media Puzzle approach the starting line, race fans from around the world cheer them on.