Night of The Blood Beast
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 12, 2003
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Michael Emmet & Ed Nelson|
|Performer:||John Baer, Angela Greene, Georgianna Carter, Tyler McVey & Ed Nelson|
|Directed by||Bernard L. Kowalski|
|Screenwriting by||Martin Varnof|
|Screenplay by||Martin Varno|
|Story by||Gene Corman|
|Produced by||Roger Corman, Samuel Z. Arkoff & Gene Corman|
|Executive Production by||Roger Corman|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
I have nothing to add to what Film Flops and Rod have already mentioned except to say that it really is much worse (and not in the good sort of way) than they suggest.
Now you cannot argue that it was not a good idea. Sigorney Weaver has made a lot of dough playing an astronaut who brought back space aliens . However this dreadful script, pityfull production values and total lack of cohesion combine to make a total waste of 5.99 plus shipping and handling.
One thing I really didn't get was why the Blood Beast had to die. Near the aforementioned cave scene the gruesome creature babbles something about how sorry he was to have killed a lab assistant or two and would enjoy teaching mankind to live in peace and harmony with each other the rest of the universe but (and I may be way off base here) in order to do so we must become ugly blood beast. This seems to infuriate the villagers (or the army or whoever was chasing him) and they kill him.
Order Terror Creatures from the Grave instead. Invite the neighbors over for spagetti.
Reviewer Rod Williams 'its the nail on the 'ead, so to speak. This B-movie made (probably) for drive-in theatre consumption oozes with "might-have-been" greatness. The story is sound but the treatment is pure cheap-o. At the "thrilling" climax, I expected George Barrows to come out of the cave in his Ro-man costume (gorilla suit and diving helmet) and assist the alien antagonist of this film. Fun viewing if only to wistfully imagine what might have been...
A dead astronaut has brought something back with him from space, since it transpires that Earth's orbit is swarming with aliens, just waiting for a lift down to the planet. Their aim is to use our bodies in which to grow their offspring and also 'preserve' our memories within themselves. Alien mayhem ensues.
There's a couple of instances of film-damage and some bad cuts, but not enough to spoil one's enjoyment.
- Sales Rank: 6,283
- UPC: 089218420794
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.