Terror Creatures From The Grave
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
Available in a set:
Gothic Horror (10-DVD) ~ $6.98
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 12, 2003
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Ralph Zucker|
|Music by||Aldo Piga|
|Screenplay by||Roberto Natale & Romano Migliorini|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
This is a good little chiller, well dubbed and with cool fx, however, it is let down by the rather weak ending! I would still buy this if you like Italian Chiller's and films starring Barbara Steele.
Two minor complaints right off the bat:
The package says this movie is 61 minutes, it is in fact an hour and twelve minutes. A minor consideration for most but nonetheless it makes you wonder who's in charge around here.
Read the Oldies dot com description above and you will think this is sort of action packed the truth is all the stuff described above happens in the last twelve minutes.
That having been whinned about-this is one super Italian creepfest.
The Oldies version has Ameircanized actors and directors names on the titles but the package list their true Italizized identities.
It is a letterbox version to match the orginal and like I said very creepy.
The atmosphere throughout is one of a true gothic horror flick with lots of storms, a haunted castle, a black plague of flesh eating bacteria,wierd Italian chicks hinting at naughtiness and a real mystery as to wheather or not the good doctor could raise the dead before he died or not.
Wonderfully photographed and well played.
One interesting anacronisim. This is set in rural Italy about 1913. Telephones are readily available to anyone who wants to use them. Bell is said to have invented the phone a mere twenty five years previous, however it should be noted that in 2002, the U.S. House of Representatives insisted Italian immigrant Antonio Meucci invented a telephone device before Bell
There are some gruesome scenes which back in the day were probably considered "too much", like the entrails of a suicide still writhing in his fresh wound and the flesh eating bacteria ridden hand collection coming to life but you would have to be extra virgin before they would be considered "too much" by today's standards.
I strongly suggest you get this one. I have already seen it twice and I just got the DVD today.
Thanks for staying up late.
- Sales Rank: 2,992
- UPC: 089218420695
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE