Hawkshaw Hawkins Best of the Best 1921-1963
Only 7 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.69 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.29 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 11, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Federal
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Chuck Young.
West Virginian Harold Franklin Hawkins signed a contract with Cincinnati, Ohio's King Records in 1948, and his first two singles for the label, the chugging two-step "Pan American" and the delightfully ramshackle "Dog House Boogie," both released under the name Hawkshaw Hawkins, went top ten on the country charts. Hawkins remained with King until 1953, when he departed for stays at RCA and Columbia before returning to King in the early 1960s. His 1962 recording of "Lonesome 7-7203" hit number one on the country charts a year later, but Hawkins didn't live to see it. He perished in the same plane crash that took the lives of fellow country stars Patsy Cline and Cowboy Copas on March 5, 1963. This collection has all three of his main hits and a few other interesting tracks from his time at King, but it has an extremely short running time. A more extensive single disc compilation of his King years, I'm a Rattlesnakin' Daddy: The King Anthology 1946-1963, was issued by Westside Records in 2000, while the Bear Family's Hawk covers his RCA and Columbia years. ~ Steve Leggett
Webb PierceThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Pee Wee KingCountry Barn Dance (with Red Stewart) / Pee Wee King's...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Hawkshaw Hawkins Sings / The Country Gentleman (CD)
$7.17 LABOR DAY
Rock 'N' Roll: Get All Stars Here [German Import] (10-CD)
The London American Label, Year by Year: 1963 (CD)
$24.65 LABOR DAY
Country & Western, Volume 1 [German Import] (10-CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE