- Released: October 9, 2012
- Label: Watertower Music
- 1.A Christmas Story: Bob's Major Award
- 2.A Christmas Story: Jogging to School
- 3.A Christmas Story: Black Bart Bites the Dust
- 4.A Christmas Story: Meeting of the Minds
- 5.A Christmas Story: And They're Off!
- 6.A Christmas Story: Truth or (Triple Dog) Dare
- 7.A Christmas Story: Jingle Bells
- 8.A Christmas Story: He Had Yellow Eyes
- 9.A Christmas Story: A Chip off the Old Block
- 10.A Christmas Story: When Things Seem Hopeless . . .
- 11.A Christmas Story: Feet, Do Your Stuff!
- 12.A Christmas Story: Ralphie's Brilliant Idea
- 13.A Christmas Story: Ming the Merciless
- 14.A Christmas Story: Don't Look Back!
- 15.A Christmas Story: Sleigh Bells
- 16.A Christmas Story: Ralphie's Revenge & The "F" Word
- 17.A Christmas Story: Joy to the World & Silent Night
- 18.A Christmas Story: The Bumpus Hounds Make Their Rounds
- 19.A Christmas Story: Glorious, Beautiful Christmas
- 20.Silent Night
Personnel: Bruce Nyznik (sound effects).
Audio Mixer: Frank Morrone.
Liner Note Authors: Paul Zaza; Carl Zittrer.
Much has been made of the iconic nature of writer/director/narrator Jean Sheppard's impossibly nostalgic film A Christmas Story. Since its relatively meager 1983 release, it has gone on to join (or perhaps surpass) the ranks of Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life as America's most beloved holiday movie (the TNT network devotes an entire 24-hour period to the film every Christmas), so it comes as no surprise that Rhino's 2009 release (in November, no less) of the film's soundtrack should herald more than a few spontaneous carols, preferably sung in the back kitchen of your local Chinese restaurant on Christmas morning. Warm, wistful, and appropriately goofy, all of the orchestral cues and carols are here, many of which will invoke spontaneous bursts of movie dialogue amongst family and friends. A Christmas Story is indeed the perfect yuletide soundtrack, not only for the tinsel-strewn wasteland of Christmas morning, but for anybody just itching to run around their house in their underwear screaming "Bumpuses!" with their trusty "Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time" cradled lovingly between their chin and shoulder. ~ James Christopher Monger