- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono 1.0 - Spanish
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 03/18/1990
"...A burnished, big-budget glow..."
Entertainment Weekly - 04/18/2003
"...You'll love it..."
A school teacher by day gathers with a group of students at night to dance the lambada. He uses his dazzling dance moves to gain their respect and to accept academics in the classroom.
Kevin is an unassuming Beverly Hills high school teacher by day, but by night he helps East Los Angeles dropouts meet the requirements for their equivalency exam in the backroom of a lambada club. To gain the respect of these toughs, Kevin must first strut his stuff on the dance floor, where unexpectedly, he has the hippest moves around. When one of his sexy Beverly Hills students learns of his secret night identity, the plot thickens, and his hot dancing is the cause of some steamy sexual intrigue.
Campus Life |
- Cashing in on the brief craze for Lambada (a form of Brazilian dance and music), several movie studios put out Lambada-themed films. Others include "Lambada" (1990), "The Forbidden Dance" (1990), and "Lambada: The Sound of Love" (1990).
- Also known as "Lambada... Le Film." The working title for the film was "Lambada: Set the Night on Fire."
- Shot in Panavision.