Sound of Horror
|CYBER SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- The Flesh Eaters (Widescreen) ~ $17.09
- Sam Katzman: Icons of Horror Collection (The Giant Claw / Creature with the Atom Brain / Zombies of... ~ $18.54
- Sound of Horror - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $7.98
- Timeless Horror ~ $5.04
More products that might interest you:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||J. A. Nieves-Conde & Jose Antonio Nieves Conde|
|Screenplay by||Sam X. Abarbanel, Jose Antonio Nieves Conde & Gregorio Sacristan|
|Original story by||Sam X. Abarbanel|
|Produced by||Gregorio Sacristan|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Originally released as El Sonido Prehistorico, the film features Soledad Miranda and Ingrid Pitt, who would later enjoy cult stardom through a series of European horror films.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Good direction compensates for non-existent budget in this suspenseful little film that creates more tension than most grade A thrillers. Always a pleasure to find a little gem like this. One scene even reminded me of something from Val Lewton proving yet again that the unseen can be scary. Highly recommended!
Here is a low budget movie that, despite its mostly self imposed restrictions, comes together as well done and convincing because you get drawn right into the plot and actually care about the characters. Some treasure hunters are looking for stolen WW2 loot that was hidden in some remote mountain area in Greece. While using dynamite to uncover some caves they also bring up an ancient egg that soon hatches out a dinosaur! The dino traps everyone in a lonelty cabin and attacks them one by one. Now here's where the low budget comes in . . .the monster is INVISIBLE!
Victims thrash about with empty air while ear piercing shrieks fill the soundtrack.
Attack scenes are quite graphic for the time and performances are all quite good. The real treat is spotting 21 year old Soledad Miranda, later a regular actress for Jess Franco; and 27 year old Ingrid Pitt who would become a Hammer Films icon. The movie stops dead in its tracks early on so both women can dance.
- Sales Rank: 13,562
- UPC: 089218419194
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE