East Side Kids
In the film that spawned the series, a trouble-making street gang tries to save an innocent man from being executed.
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 15, 2003
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Bob Hill & Robert F. Hill|
|Original story by||William Lively|
|Screenplay by||William Lively|
|Starring||Leon Ames, Hally Chester, Donald Haines & Dave O'Brien|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Pat O'Day (Leon Ames), a cop working for the D.A.'s office, tries to persuade his childhood street pal Knuckles Dolan (Dave O'Brien), imprisoned for murdering a policeman, to reveal who really committed the crime. Knuckles won't talk, and O'Day is convinced his conviction will drive Dolan's younger brother Danny (Harris Berger) into a life of corruption. O'Day tries to instill positive values in Danny and his wayward friends, but he's constantly foiled by the smooth talking, quick thinking Milton Mileway (Dennis Moore), who succeeds in luring Danny and the Kids into his counterfeit money operation. The wiseguy banter and antics that would define every subsequent feature in the East Side Kids/Bowery Boys series (making actors Leo Gorcey and Huntz Hall household names in the process) are introduced here. East Side Kids would inspire one of the most popular series in movie history.
The East Side Kids in their first feature, sans Leo Gorcey. The boys look for the real killer when one of them is framed for murder.
Gangs | Murder | Series | Vintage
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 8,798
- UPC: 089218419095
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Comedies Movie Categories:
- Bob Hope Big Broadcast of 1938 / College Swing (DVD) ~ $10.83 LABOR DAY
- Bob Hope Louisiana Purchase / Never Say Die (DVD) ~ $13.48
- Bob Hope My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD) ~ $11.14 LABOR DAY
- The Lovedolls Superstar (DVD) ~ $11.10 LABOR DAY
- Rudy Ray Moore Live at Wetlands, N.Y.C. (DVD) ~ $7.16 LABOR DAY
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE