- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 9, 2002
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Teri Garr - Star, Carl Reiner - Director, Jerry Weintraub - Producer
- OH GOD! BOOK II
- OH, GOD! YOU DEVIL
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth'"--court clerk
"So help me me."
- God (George Burns) being sworn in to testify in court
Jerry Landers (a terrifically surprising John Denver) is an average guy in every sense of the word. He lives a completely normal, dull life, working at the local supermarket (where everybody, of course, knows him and likes him) and never doing anything out of the ordinary. That's why no one is more surprised than he is when God chooses to make himself known to the world through Jerry by sending him a typewritten, misspelled note granting him an audience with the Supreme Being. Jerry doesn't believe his eyes when God turns out to be an old, scrawny man (who looks a lot like George Burns). First, God must convince Jerry that he really is whom he claims to be; as Jerry grow closer and closer to him, he starts growing apart from his family--his wife, played by Teri Garr, thinks he has lost all his marbles. As Jerry goes public with God's message, his faith is tested every step of the way, resulting in a very funny and meaningful trial scene. This wry, thoughtful comedy from Carl Reiner, based on the novel by Avery Corman, carries a serious message about religion, faith, and the way people care for the world they've been given. George Burns is delightful as the forthright, wisecracking God; his scenes with Denver are cinematic treasures.
- OH, GOD was followed by two sequels: OH, GOD! BOOK 2 and OH, GOD! YOU DEVIL.
- Director Carl Reiner and screenwriter Larry Gelbart worked together on the classic 1950s comedy-sketch series YOUR SHOW OF SHOWS.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 50 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 87,350
- UPC: 085391604723
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item